Your car is gleaming when you drive it out of the showroom, and you always want to retain that finish on your vehicle. It is certainly possible to keep your car shiny, but you will have to put in some effort to keep your vehicle shiny. You need to ensure that you polish and wax your vehicle regularly to maintain it properly. It can be a tough job to wax the car with hand. The easiest way to polish your vehicle is by using a car buffer. It can get the job done quickly and easily. The buffers can be used by professionals as well as by the auto enthusiast. You just need to take care of your car and follow the correct process for buffing and polishing the vehicle.
If you are planning to buy a car buffer & polisher and if you are not sure about which one to buy, then we are going to help you. We have listed the top 10 best polishers and buffer for the money. If you are looking for a DIY buffer, then you choose any of the listed products. The list will help you even if you are a professional and if you are looking for something that can help you in serving your clients.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Car Buffers & Polisher Reviews
- 1. DEWALT Buffer/Polisher, Variable Speed
- 2. BLACK+DECKER 6-inch Random Orbit Waxer/Polisher
- 3. PORTER-CABLE Variable Speed Polisher
- 4. WEN 10PMR 10-Inch Waxer/Polisher
- 5. Meguiar’s G3500 Dual Action Power System Tool
- 6. Makita 9237CX3 Makita 7″ Polisher
- 7. AutoSpa 94001AS Random Orbital
- 8. Ginour Polisher, 900W 6-inch Variable Speed
- 9. Flex XC3401VRG Positive-Drive Rotary-Orbital Polisher
- 10. TCP Global 7” Professional High-Performance Variable Speed
- How To Choose The Best Car Buffer & Polisher
- Car Buffer Polisher Frequently Asked Questions
Best Buy Car Buffers & Polisher Reviews
Let us now take you through the list of the products. Check them out along with the reviews. You can rely on this list as these products are highly reliable, and we took help from the experts while compiling this list.
1. DEWALT Buffer/Polisher, Variable Speed
Dewalt has an outstanding reputation in the market, and you can buy a buffer & polisher from Dewalt without any concerns. This buffer is available in 3 variants. One of them is a corded variant, and the other two are the corded variants. It has a 12 Amp motor that offers you the right amount of power while buffing the car. The brand has integrated an electronic chip inside the buffer that maintains a stable speed. You can adjust the speed between 600 to 3500 rpm using the dial available.
There is an integrated wool ingestion shield that also helps you in improving the life of the motor. All these factors make it one of the best buffer available in the market. The brand provides 1 year service contract during which the brand takes care of any wear & tear or replacement of parts.
- This buffer from Dewalt has a soft start mechanism, and it has a variable speed between 600 to 3500 rpm.
- The brand offers 3 year warranty on this buffer. In addition to this, you also get one year of service contact.
- You can attach a 7 inches head, or a 9 inches head with this buffer.
- There is no such shortcoming of this buffer from Dewalt
2. BLACK+DECKER 6-inch Random Orbit Waxer/Polisher
If you plan to buff your car yourself and if you do not have much experience, then you can buy an orbital buffer for your vehicle. We have one such reliable 6 inch buffer from Black+Decker. This buffer is a multi-purpose buffer, and you can use it for your car, furniture, and any other surface. The orbiting speed of this buffer is 4,400 OPM. The machine has a 2 handle design that helps you in getting a comfortable grip.
It is a lightweight machine that weighs just 5.3 pounds,and hence you would not experience any sore muscles. The cord length of this orbital buffer is 10 feet,so you get the required flexibility while polishing or waxing any surface. The tools from Black+Decker are very reliable, and if you are looking for a reliable tool, then this is the one that you must check out.
- You get a foam applicator and 2 polishing pads with this buffer.
- It has a 4,400 OPM speed, and you can use it to polish furniture, boat, and in your car.
- The brand offers a 2 year long warranty on this buffer.
- Nothing that we could notice.
3. PORTER-CABLE Variable Speed Polisher
Random orbit buffers are excellent for use. They offer great flexibility, and they are easy to use. At number 3, we have another orbital buffer from Porter-Cable, and it is a corded buffer. The advantage of having this polisher is that it has a variable speed mechanism. You will be able to adjust the speed between 2500 OPM and 6800 OPM. This way, you get the required finish, and you can also change the speed as per the material you are polishing. You can even use this with a sanding pad to sand the surface.
Many of the buffers are made only for the right-handed people. If your left hand is dominant, then you will find it easy to use the buffer. You can remove and adjust the position of the secondary handle of the buffer. You can customize it in the left or right place.
- The buffer has a variable speed between 2500 OPM and 6800 OPM.
- The handle can be adjusted on the right side or the left side without any issues.
- Porter-Cable offers 3 year warranty and 1 year service contract with this buffer & polisher.
- You need to use a wrench to change the foam pad whenever it is required.
4. WEN 10PMR 10-Inch Waxer/Polisher
Another reliable brand that you can trust is Wen. We have a polisher from Wen, and it is available in two variants. You can choose between a basic variant and a deluxe variant, depending on your budget. Talking about the basic option, it has a high-performance motor that gives it a speed of 3200 OPM. Changing the bonnet is very easy, and you can even use it to polish the countertop in the kitchen or other places. The brand offers a 10-inch applicator bonnet and a 10-inch terry cloth bonnet with this polisher.
In the Deluxe variant, you get 7 different bonnets and a carrying case as well. It is a perfect polisher for the SUVs as it has a 10 inched head that can speed up the things for you. The standard warranty policy covers this buffer for a year from the date of purchase.
- It has a 10 inches head, and it comes in two designs. You can buy the deluxe model as it has 7 different bonnets and a carrying case.
- This buffer is covered under 1 year warranty from Wen.
- It is available at an affordable price, and it speeds up the buffing process for you.
- Some users suggested that it is only suitable for use with the wax.
5. Meguiar’s G3500 Dual Action Power System Tool
At number 5, we have a buffer from Meguiar’s. Meguiar’s is a reputed brand, and the tools from this brand are highly popular. You can use this tool for applying wax, polish and other compounds. It helps you with a glossy finish, and it also removes the rust or stains effectively. If you are using wax by hand, you need more than an hour, but with the help of this tool, you just need less than 30 minutes to complete the buffing.
You can use this tool with a drill, and it can operate between a speed of 1200 RPM and 2500 RPM. This buffer is a perfect tool for home use as the usage is limited, and we are sure that you do not wish to spend a lot of money for such occasions. This head also has a handle that makes it easy to use.
- It is available at an affordable price as this is an attachment head that can be attached to any drill.
- You can use the head for applying wax, compounds, polish and other materials.
- You can use the tool on multiple surfaces.
- This product only has a buffing head attachment that needs to be attached to a drill.
6. Makita 9237CX3 Makita 7″ Polisher
The next buffer & polisher is from Makita. This product is a complete kit, and you even get a sander attachment in the package. You can adjust the speed of the machine between 0 RPM to 3200 RPM. Since the machine has a soft start system, it makes it possible for you to use it with wax, polish, or any other kind of paste. The paste would not fly off when you are using the machine. The handle of the machine is very soft, and it has a rubberized grip to absorb the vibrations. The equipment also has a cover to protect the motor from wool.
In the kit, you get a wool bonnet for compounding, a wool bonnet for polishing, and a sander.Wrench provided in the kit helps you in making adjustments to the tool t. All these things can easily be stored in the bag that you get with the package.
- The handle is designed in the form of a loop with a rubberized grip.
- The machine has a variable speed and a soft start system. You can set the speed between 0 RPM to 3200 RPM.
- The brand offers a 3 year warranty
- Nothing that we could notice.
7. AutoSpa 94001AS Random Orbital
If you are looking for a compact tool for polishing the car, then it is worth looking at this buffer from AutoSpa as well. There are two variants available in this buffer. One of them is the Orbital Polisher, and the second one is a dual-speed Polisher. The Orbital model has a 10 inches head, and it has a speed of 3600 OPM. The dual-speed model has a speed adjustments between 2500 RPM to 5000 RPM. You can buy the one that meets your requirements. Along with the machine, you get an applicator bonnet, and you also get a microfiber bonnet.
The bonnet brush offered in with this buffer helps you in restoring the buffer after extensive use. Overall, if you are looking for an affordable buffer, you can consider this. You will be able to use it easily.
- This product is available at a very affordable price.
- You get two free bonnets with this tool. There are two variants of the tool available.
- The machine is quite stable, and the vibrations are damped pretty well.
- No warranty information available.
8. Ginour Polisher, 900W 6-inch Variable Speed
Here is another rotary buffer on the list. This buffer is from Ginour, and it is a complete kit. The buffer has a dual-action head that not only rotates, but it also orbits. The speed is variable, and there are 6 levels of adjustments between 2000 RPM and 6400 RPM. The 900 watt motor gives it a lot of power. It is possible to use the polisher on sofa, floor, cabinet, piano, and even on the countertops. With a lifetime warranty, this product turns out to be an excellent deal.
In the pack, you get a side handle, a D handle, and 5 different foams. These foams can be used for polishing, waxing, and even grinding. A sponge is used in manufacturing 4 of these discs, and the fifth disc is made of wool. All these things add a lot of flexibility to this buffer.
- The kit comes with multiple accessories like 2 handles, five foams, and a carrying bag.
- The speed can be adjusted between 2200 and 6400 RPM. The dual-action head helps in getting the desired results.
- The brand offers a lifetime warranty on the machine.
- Nothing at all.It is one of the most reliable buffers in the market.
9. Flex XC3401VRG Positive-Drive Rotary-Orbital Polisher
If you are looking for a premium model, then you can consider this rotary orbital polisher from Flex. This buffer comes with a 10 feet cable and an 8 mm orbital movement. The machine has a direct drive that helps you in getting a polished surface. The protection mechanism in the motor turns off the motor in case of carbon brush wear down.You can adjust the grip in the desired position. The speed of the head can be adjusted between 160 rpm and 480 rpm, whereas the orbit rate is 3200 OPM to 9600 OPM. The trigger type switch helps you in controlling the speed.
The machine is lightweight, and it is also easy to use. The grip can be adjusted so that you are comfortable while using the tool. Apart from all these things, the brand offers reliable customer support and warranty to the users. If you are looking for a polisher with premium quality, then this is the best purchase that you can make.
- This buffer has a dual-action head with a variable speed mechanism.
- The machine is equipped with overheat protection, overload protection, heat monitoring, and other safety features.
- You get multiple bonnets and brushes with your purchase.
- It is one of the most expensive buffers in the list.
10. TCP Global 7” Professional High-Performance Variable Speed
We have now reached the end of our list, and this is the last buffer we are going to review. This tool comes with a maximum number of attachments. You get 5 waffle foams 1 wool grip pad. The length of the cord is 10 feet, and the weight of the machine is 5.9 pounds. All these things make it easy for you to use the device.The pack comes with a D shaped handle and a regular grip.
Talking about other details, the machine has a variable speed between 1000 RPM and 3000 RPM. The motor generates a maximum power of 1200 watts, which makes it very powerful. Apart from using it on the body of the car, you can use it on counter tops and other such surfaces.
- The brand offers 1 year warranty on this buffer.
- You also get 5 foam attachments and 1 wool attachment with this buffer.
- It has a variable speed, and you also get an additional auxiliary handle with the buffer.
- Some people do not like the quality of this buffer.
These are the top 10 car buffers and polishers available in the market. You can check out these products along with their pros and cons. If you like any of these buffers and if you wish to get more information about the buffer, then you can also visit the product page of the buffer with the help of the link associated with the listing. You will find all the product specifications on the page, and you will also be able to check for deals.
How To Choose The Best Car Buffer & Polisher
If you are buying a polisher and buffer for DIY maintenance, then we are sure that you would not know much about the buffers. Not knowing the details can be a problem, especially when you are trying to buy a buffer and polisher. To help you in purchasing the buffer & polisher, we have listed some of the factors that you need to consider while making a choice. These factors will help you in understanding what matters during the purchase. In addition to this, you can go through this buying guide if you are a professional. Understanding the factors will help you in serving your customers better.
Go ahead and check out this detailed buying guide for buffers & polishers.
- Rotary vs. Orbital
The first choice that you need to make is if you want a rotary or an orbital buffer. The rotary buffer has a powerful motor, and it can quickly clear off any stain from the car. The motor works very aggressively, and it helps you in getting a high gloss finish. On the contrary, the orbital buffer has a lower power output, and it uses an oscillating motion to assist you in waxing the car. You will notice that the rotary one performed better if you compare the results between the two buffers. However, if you are a newbie and if you do not have much experience with buffing the car,then we would recommend you to buy the orbital buffer. You need a certain level of expertise to use the rotary buffer properly.
- Size of Buffer
You can also check the size of the head that comes with the buffer. The size of the buffer also depends on the size of the vehicle, but the standard format that you can buy is 6 inches. These 6 inches heads offer you with the required versatility and the speed while you are using the buffer. You will also find the bonnets with 10 inches head. It is also possible to purchase separate buffer heads, depending on your usage and need.
- Variable Speed
You need to check the speed of the buffer as well. For the rotary models, the speed will be expressed in RPM, whereas for the orbital buffer, the speed will be measured in the orbits per minute. It is better to buy a buffer with a variable speed range. A good range would be between 2000 RPM to 5000 RPM. In addition to this, you can consider the models with the soft start feature. The soft-start feature will ensure that the buffer doesn’t start at full speed. At high speeds, the buffer should not have a lot of vibrations.
- Design of Buffer
You would also need to check the kind of design that the buffer has. You will find models that need to be held with a single hand, and then some models need to be held with both hands. You can buy the type that you are more comfortable in handling. Ensure that the buffer is stable at high speed and ensure that it has a good grip for you.
- Extra Attachment
Another thing that you can check is the extra attachments that you get with the buffer and polisher. These additional attachments would include different types of polishing foam heads to offer you a perfect finish. It is always better to buy a buffer that provides you a few extra polishing pads.
- Corded vs. Cordless
You get corded and cordless buffers. The cordless models are easy to manage as you do not have to deal with the mess of the power cord. You can charge them and use them; however, there is a drawback of cordless models for the professionals. They will have to charge the battery frequently. If you are looking for a DIY buffer, then you can buy a cordless model, whereas if you are seeking something for professional use, then opt for the corded model.
You can choose a price that you are willing to buy for your purchase. The entry level buffers are available at less than $100, and they work fine. The durability or the quality may be an issue if you are buying for the cheaper options. It is best to set a budget between $100 and $200. These will offer you a fantastic output, and they will are going to be very durable as well.
- Carrying Bag
You do not want your buffer & polisher to accumulate dust while you are not using it. The dust can be abrasive, and the dust accumulation on the pads can harm the paint. To store your buffer correctly, we would suggest you should buy a buffer that comes with a carrying bag. The bag will not only help you in storing the buffer, but it will help you in carrying it with you.
Look at the warranty policy associated with the buffer and polisher. Ensure that the warranty is at least for a year. We would instead recommend you to opt for a well-branded buffer instead of buying for cheap knock-offs that come without a warranty. Warranty will save you from a certain level of risk associated with manufacturing defects.
Car Buffer Polisher Frequently Asked Questions
- Car buffer and polisher are designed only for cars, could it be used on polishing and buffing other materials?
Yes, they could be used for multiple purposes. As far as we know, people use the same buffer and polisher for buffing and polishing refrigerators, cupboards, etc. if you want to know, if it is worth investing in such a product, then the right answer would be yes. The functions are not limited to just using it on cars.
- Buffing is bad for the car? would it destroy the car’s natural exterior finishing?
No, buffing is one of the key processes to be done in case if you are painting your car or trying to get rid of a scratch. However, if you overdo the buffing, it could buff away paint along with some of the host material. Buffing should not be done aggressively and the user should be careful to move the buffer around gently.
- Polishing and buffing could be done with any random polisher or buffer?
Yes, buffing and polishing could be done using any product designed for the purpose. However, the product should come with variable speed, so that the user could adjust the speed based on the buffing and polishing requirement.
- Is it true that a drill could be used as a polisher?
Yes, a drill could be used as a polisher if the right accessories are used. We know few customers who use a drill, backing plate, and pad to polish their car. But, it is a tiresome process, a drill is not designed for polishing or buffing, therefore, it would be challenging to handle the drill for a long time. On the other hand, dedicated buffer and polisher are designed with appropriate ergonomics, which allows the user to handle the product with ease.
- How to buff without making swirl marks?
The answer to this question is simple, never try to do dry buffing. Keep lubricating the buffer and the surface always. No matter how carefully you do the dry buffing, it will make swirl marks. The only possible solution is to lubricate the entire buffing process. Even if you use wax, it is just hiding the swirl marks, not fixing the issue permanently. So, try to avoid making swirl marks.
- My buffer & polisher has a variable speed option, what speed should I set for polishing my car?
If you are planning to polish your car, the speed should be set between 1000 and 1200 RPM, any speed between this is best for polishing. Do not resort to using a speed higher than this to finish the polishing sooner. A high-speed polisher would burn the polish and paint due to frictional heat produced. A small amount of heat is good for better clarity of polishing, this heat could be attained at a speed between 1000 and 1200 RPM. Do not overdo it.
- Using a clay bar could help get rid of the swirl marks?
No, no matter what you use, swirl marks cannot be fixed permanently unless you use abrasive polish. The best thing to do is to try avoiding to make swirl marks while polishing.
You can buy any of the buffers we have shared on the list, or you can choose to take help from the buying guide. We have tried to cover every point that you should know about. If you are looking for particular recommendations from us, then we would recommend you to buy a reliable orbital buffer. The orbital buffers are better, and they ensure that the process doesn’t damage the paint. Buffers are usually easy to use, and they will enhance the finish of your car. The process can help you in eliminating the minor scratches and clearing off the mineral deposits, which can be because of water drying up on the vehicle. Regular polish and wax will not only increase the life of your car, but it will also help you in improving the resale value of the vehicle.
We are now concluding this article and if you can address your questions about buffers & polishers by posting them in our comment sections.