With the turn of the century, cars have increased manifold in value. Starting with a price as low as 15 grands to as much as a whopping 10 million, these things sure have a hefty tag attached to them. In America, you will see at least one car in every household. Hence, these are important assets, and the accessories should also be chosen accordingly. Don’t you ever feel insecure when you don’t know where exactly your car is? Be it your child who is taken it out for a spin or your driver who has been tasked with a job, a car’s whereabouts is of utmost importance to the owner. If you are looking to keep track of the place your car is in, a GPS tracker device is the best thing for your vehicle. It can not only disclose the entire driving log but also a good-quality tracker can also help you pinpoint the car’s accurate location in real time.
An owner might want a GPS tracker for several reasons. They might just want to be extra careful in case of any car theft. A car GPS tracker device will help keep a close eye on your young child who has just learned driving. These are also helpful if you are into the business of owning several commercial vehicles.
There are two main types of trackers available on the market:
- Battery Operated GPS Trackers
These are the most common type of trackers. As the name suggests, they make the use of an external battery to draw power. These are regularly in use. Therefore, it is important to keep an eye on them.
- Dash Plug-In GPS Trackers
These trackers are more convenient since they plug into the dashboard. Besides, they draw power by using the battery of the car. The only thing you need to be sure about is that they do not interfere with the other systems or accessories present in the car.
There are plenty of players in this market, and choosing a correct one can be cumbersome for users. Hence we are here with a list of 10 best GPS tracking device for car currently available. We have also included the Pros and Cons of each and added a buying guide for your convenience.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Car GPS Tracking Device Reviews
- 1. Americaloc Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
- 2. Tracki Model Mini Real-time GPS Tracker
- 3. LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker
- 4. Spytec GL300 GPS Tracker
- 5. Primetracking Personal GPS Tracker
- 6. MotoSafetyGPS Tracker for Vehicles
- 7. OptimusGPS Tracker
- 8. TheCoolCube Vehicle CarGPS Tracker
- 9. Sinotrack Vehicle Car GPS Tracker
- 10. Trak-4 12vGPS Tracker
- How To Choose The Best GPS Tracker For Your Vehicle
- Car GPS Tracker Frequently Asked Questions
Best Buy Car GPS Tracking Device Reviews
Here are some of the best GPS tracker device for car or other vehicle options for 2021…
1. Americaloc Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
Our first suggestion is the successor to the crowd favorite GL300 series – Americaloc’s GL300W. This small and compact device brings with it one of the best battery capacities in the market. Besides, it lets you track your vehicles by using a computer, a tablet, or your phone over all it is a user friendly product. The device is made in such a way that it can save upto a year of driving logs. Not only that, but it can help in detecting the movement as well as the speed of the vehicle. You can also configure the device to send you email notifications. The device is paired with an international sim card and does not require you to pay any additional activation fees which is highly recommended.
- It has a very powerful battery. The battery is rechargeable as well.
- The tracker can store drive logs for up to a year
- You can not only track movements and speed, but the device also sends notifications for the vehicle in case of events that have already been decided upon.
- Customers have appreciated the email support Americaloc has provided with their device.
- It has good customer service.
- The international sim card helps you track the device in almost any country of the world
- The price you pay for the device is slightly on the higher side.
- Customers have found the app and its UI to be a little outdated and it took them some time to get used to it.
=> Check This Also: 10 Best GPS Navigation System For Car
2. Tracki Model Mini Real-time GPS Tracker
If you are looking for a smaller and easily concealable tracking device – Tracki has one that is smaller in size as well as lighter in weight than its competitors. With a lower monthly subscription fee, this is one of the most affordable offerings on our list. The company promises a battery life of up to a month if the live tracking feature is switched off. Besides, there is an optional magnetic case. The device can store data for upto five years and the company extends a lifetime warranty with this device.
- The device comes with an international sim. This helps in providing you with worldwide coverage of your device
- When real-time tracking is not in use, the battery lasts for a long time.
- It is an affordable product.
- The lifetime warranty is also an added advantage when buying the device
- Several customers have appreciated their UI and found it better than most other competitors’ offerings.
- When live tracking is switched on, the battery does not last for a long time. You have to keep recharging it.
- Even though the company claims to have a 24/7 customer support available, buyers have found this statement to be false
- The tracker itself has a bit of a lag, which can prove to be annoying to owners.
3. LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker
The next suggestion on our list is the LandAirSea 54 tracker, this is the best hidden gps tracker for car, which uses 4G LTE technology to give you a pinpoint location of your vehicle. The product is made in the USA and comes with lights off technology. This means that the device will be kept secret and not everyone will be able to see it. The product is waterproof and is accompanied by a magnet. This, in turn, helps you to place it anywhere you want to while also helping you avoid the hassle of purchasing a separate magnetic cover.
- The device uses 4G technology. Hence it is more accurate in giving you the real-time location of your device
- The magnet gives you the ability to place it anywhere you like
- It is waterproof.
- It is made in the USA. Hence, it has passed the stringent regulations and standards the country imposes.
- It uses google maps to show the live location.Hence, it is considered more effective.
- The company charges additional activation charges over the $50 for the product which might put customers off
- As per a few users, the battery life of the product is not the greatest
- The device does not come with a global coverage facility.
4. Spytec GL300 GPS Tracker
The Spytec GL 300 is one of the most popular tracking devices in the market. It is a small and compact device. It uses google maps. The device uses motion sensor technology. This is considered to be quite efficient. It also provides the user to receive an email notification every time the vehicle crosses a predefined zone. The company provides a lifetime warranty on its product. This boasts about the quality of the product. It claims the battery lasts up to 2 and a half weeks on a single charge.
- The device is extremely small and compact.
- The tracker uses motion sensor technology to track the vehicle actively.
- Spytec promises a lifetime warranty with the product, thereby increasing its credibility in front of customers.
- The device uses 4G tech to transmit data, thereby being more accurate and improved real-time tracking.
- There are no additional activation charges involved with the product.
- The monthly subscription fees associated with the device is pretty high. Thus, a few users find the product a little expensive.
- Customers have complained of bad customer support from the company
5. Primetracking Personal GPS Tracker
This next suggestion is another one of the crowd favorites and is offered by the brand Primetracking. This black colored sleek device uses 4G for tracking purposes. It can be used for tracking in the USA, Canada, and Mexico. The device is able to track location, movement, and direction. It can also be updated every ten seconds on their app and desktop web UI. The company promises a 2-week battery life and is also able to set up a geofence. The tracker also comes with an SOS button. This makes this product one of the most efficient and the best gps tracking device for car on the market.
- The ability to set up a geofence is extremely useful which notifies you when your vehicle crosses some predefined zone.
- Buyers have appreciated the prompt service they received from the company.
- Device owners have found their app UI to be very user friendly.
- The device is very budget-friendly and does not come with any activation charges.
- As per a few customers, the location accuracy is not the greatest.
- The battery life is also not the best at the price range it is sold in.
6. MotoSafetyGPS Tracker for Vehicles
The next product on the list is the GPS tracker by the brand Motosafety. Known for its ease of installation, the tracker can work in areas covering the United States, Mexico, as well as Canada. This network can also work even if there is no cell network around your area. Besides, the manufacturers do not charge any kind of fee for activating or even canceling the connection. The best part about the GPS tracker is that all the information about your loved ones’ whereabouts can be received in a matter of just a few seconds. Hence, you should not be worried about the safety of your family members or friends.It is known that all the required and requested information is directly received on your phone. In case you do have a teenager at home, you can track the areas where he or she is driving. It is very convenient to use as well. The makers have also used the much-needed advanced technology of geofencing. What this means is that you can set things on your tracker with the help of which different important locations are easier to be identified. With the help of this technology, you can easily identify places that include your home, workplace, and other things.
- You can set up geo-fencing. This, in turn, can prove to be very useful.
- The installation of the GPS tracker is the easiest.
- It is known to help with the most accurate results.
- It can be used to track whereabouts in different places.
- It is convenient as it works outside of a cell network.
- The GPS tracker is known for its quick results
- As per a few customers, the after service or the customer care of the product is not at all helpful.
- As per a few customers, the car stopped working after the installation of the GPS tracker.
7. OptimusGPS Tracker
The next product on the list is the GPS tracker by the brand Optimus. This is a versatile GPS tracker and can be used to track your near and dear ones, vehicles, etc. This is also one of the most affordable products on this list. The makers have ensured that no hidden fees are included in the total cost that you pay for the tracker. Apart from that, there are no cancellation or activation fees as well. This goes down very well with most of the users. The frequency of getting the information on the whereabouts of your loved ones is also the fastest. The GPS tracker is available in a compact size. This means that it can easily be carried from one place to another.Besides, the battery remains recharged for a long period as well. The map used by the tracker is also extremely easy to understand. Hence, you will also not face any hassle in reading and understanding it. However, you should keep in mind that the GPS tracker is made to work only in the regions falling under the United States of America. Finally, the GPS tracker also has what is called the routing feature. This is a special feature that makes the product all the more efficient.
- It can be used to track cars, vehicles, assets, and your children
- It is easy to install.
- It is available at affordable rates and there are no hidden charges involved.
- The battery life is quite long when compared to the other brands in the market.
- It can be easily carried from one place to another as it is very portable.
- It is certified by the FCC, PTCRB. This, in itself, speaks volumes about the quality and safety of the GPS tracker.
- As per a few customers, the GPS tracker has a limited coverage area
- As per a few customers, the application which is used in the tracker is not an up-to-date one.
8. TheCoolCube Vehicle CarGPS Tracker
The next product on the list is the GPS tracker by the brand The Cool Cube. This is a versatile product and the best gps tracking device for car. There are different ways and purposes for which the product can be used. This includes tracking, for security, emergency, monitoring, amongst other related things. Apart from that, the product has a built-in system. It is fairly easy to install this GPS tracker. Not only that, but you can also use the same tracker for as many as five different numbers. Besides, the makers have ensured that the product is such that it can easily be installed on different devices, including cars, trucks, buses, and many others. It is quite an affordable product, which again makes the consumers really happy.
- It can be used to in different types of vehicles such as cars, trucks, amongst others
- It is available at an affordable price.
- It is very easy to install
- It is a multi-purpose product
- As per a few customers, the GPS tracker has a limited coverage area
- As per a few customers, the battery life of the product is less and should be improved.
9. Sinotrack Vehicle Car GPS Tracker
The Sinotrack vehicle car GPS tracker is next on the list of the best GPS tracker of the year. This brand has one of the best customer services in the industry. The product comes with a 1-year return guarantee. Also, it is very easy to reach the customer service department in case of any concerns. This product has a built-in GSM and GPS service. It is a versatile tracker that can easily be installed in different vehicle types. It can be used in cars, trucks, motorcycles, as well as taxis. Besides, this product can be used to get instant information on the whereabouts of your loved ones. This is also a waterproof product. You can also get all the real-time information about your family. The best part about this is that this advantage is available without incurring any sort of additional cost. Not only for tracking, but the Sinotrack GPS tracker can be used for a variety of different purposes as well. It can also be used to determine as much as two years of history. However, although the battery is included, you have to take a sim card on your own. Finally, the GPS tracker can be easily installed and the download application is easy to use as well.This is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after brands in the market of GPS tracker today. Most of the users of this brand have always been satisfied with the quality.
- It can be used to track different types of vehicles such as trucks, cars, amongst others.
- The product comes with a good return policy.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- It can be used to download the tracking history of as many as two years’
- Real-time tracking information of your loved ones is also available in this case.
- It is a waterproof product.
- Nothing as such
10. Trak-4 12vGPS Tracker
Last but not least, the GPS tracker by Trak is on our list of the top 10 GPS trackers for car. The tracker is available at extremely affordable rates. Besides, the makers have assured the users that there are no hidden or cancellation fees whatsoever. The ability of geo-fencing further makes the device very useful. The sim card is also included which makes the task simple for the users. It also makes the product so much more affordable. It is very easy to install and customers find it really simple to use. You just need to sign in, and you will be able to adequately track the whereabouts of your young ones and other family members. The battery is quite powerful and has a high recharge time. Apart from that, the GPS tracker can be installed in different vehicle types, including different trailers, cars, and other vehicles. This, like some of the other brands in the market, is quite a versatile product. It has multiple uses as well. The application can further be downloaded in an iPhone, tablet, or even your computer. Hence, it is an all-purpose product that goes a long way in helping you keep track of the whereabouts of your family and friends.
- It is very easy to install.
- It is easy to use as well.
- The product comes along with a sim card.
- There are no hidden or cancellation fees. This makes the product very affordable.
- It can be used for a variety of purposes on different devices.
- The battery is quite powerful and has a higher recharge life as well.
- The ability of geofencing makes the GPS tracker very efficient in tracking.
- As per a few users, the battery drains out quickly and easily.
- As per a few users, the application used in the GPS tracker does not get updated as often as it should.
How To Choose The Best GPS Tracker For Your Vehicle
GPS trackers serve a variety of purposes today. This is clear from the products described above. Hence, if you are trying to get one for yourself, you should make a wise choice. With so many brands in the market, this sure is a difficult task. But we are here to help you out. If you still have not been able to decide on which tracker to buy, we have a section on a buying guide for GPS trackers. This section has laid out some of the most important factors that should be kept in mind when you go shopping around for a GPS tracker. The factors are as below:
- Real-Time Data
Well, GPS tracker is used by you to get real-time information about the whereabouts of your loved ones. Hence, you will want to look for a tracker that is known to give real-time data to you.Some devices can be used to download historical data as well. While a few might want to know where the vehicle had been a few minutes or hours ago, most of us will want a GPS tracker that will help us know the real-time information of a vehicle. Hence, a choice has to be made accordingly.
- Battery Life
An important factor to keep in mind while buying a GPS tracker for the car is the battery life. It is not recommended to buy a product that needs to be recharged time and again. This will not serve the purpose as you will have to spend almost all your time recharging it. Instead, you should always choose a GPS tracker, the battery of which has a good life. There are many ways of ensuring that the battery is kept recharged for sometime. You should find a device that can stick to the vehicle which you drive. By doing this, you shall be able to keep it for recharging for a prolonged period and will not run out of battery when needed.
- Compatibility with your Vehicle
Most of the good-quality GPS trackers, especially the ones described above, are more or less compatible with different types of vehicles. Before purchasing a certain type of GPS tracker, you should be careful and try to choose the one that goes well with your vehicle. The higher is the compatibility with different vehicle types, the better it is for you.
- Coverage Area
A good quality GPS tracker should be able to cover and show data of a larger coverage area. The higher the number of places covered, the better it is for you. This way, you will be able to track your loved ones’ whereabouts over a larger area, and life will be peaceful and easy for you.
- Ease of Installation
If you are spending your money on something, you will want it to make your life easier than more difficult. Hence, go for a product that is easy to install. Also, it should be easy to use by you as well.
Car GPS Tracker Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I hook up a GPS tracker on my car?
Hooking up a GPS tracker is based on the type of GPS tracker itself. As of today, there are two types of GPS trackers, portable tracker, and hardwired tracker. The portable tracker comes with its battery and could be installed anywhere you like. It could be under the car, under the hood, under the seat, or anywhere you like. On the other hand, the hardwired tracker has to be connected to the battery for power and it could be installed under the engine hood.
- Where to hide a GPS tracker in my car?
The size and type of tracker decide where the tracker has to be placed or hidden. Most commonly, a hardwired GPS tracker is the one that is commonly hidden. A hardwired GPS tracker could be installed outside the car or inside the car, it is the user’s choice on where to install or place the tracker.
- Is it possible to find out if a car is GPS tracked or not?
Yes, however, it is up to user efficiency. If the user is thorough in checking the car he might find a tracker. If you suspect your car to be tracked without your knowledge, there are several ways to inspect the car for a tracker. If you follow the instructions carefully, you could find the tracker. Remember, there are many places in a car to hide a tracker, if you are not careless, you will be able to find it.
- Is it possible to block the GPS tracking on my vehicle?
Yes, if a GPS tracker is not installed by a law enforcement agency, you could block the GPS tracking. However, if it is installed by a law enforcement agency, blocking GPS tracking could land you in jail or a heavy fine.
- A few of my friends mentioned that installing a GPS tracker would void the car warranty, is it true?
Yes, it might void the car warranty if the manufacturer does not approve it. Most commonly all premium and medium-range cars come with GPS tracker inbuilt, if your car does not have one, read the user manual or talk to your car manufacturer and make sure that you have the freedom to install a GPS tracker. Some manufacturers with such a warranty void clause would recommend using a specific model of GPS tracker and using anything other than this specific model would void the warranty.
- Is it true that there would be a monthly or yearly payment for using a GPS tracker?
The monthly or yearly charge depends on the GPS tracker brand, some of the brands offer GPS tracking services free of all cost. On the other hand, other brands charger you monthly or yearly for the tracking service offered. It is totally up to you on which model GPS tracker to purchase and use.
- Does GPS tracker allow international tracking?
Yes, based on the model and brand, some GPS trackers offer international tracking. However, most commonly, such GPS trackers that offer international tracking services are a premium product.
We hope that after reading the above article, you will be in a better position to choose the GPS tracker that best suits your vehicle. We understand that the task may be daunting. You can refer to all the top 10 brands mentioned above. We have included links to each product so that you can go through each of these in detail. Besides, do keep the factors to consider in mind as well while you are shopping around. We, as usual, recommend that before settling on a particular brand of GPS tracker, you do thorough research on your own. That will help you in making a perfect choice.