Most of us use car wax to keep the car shining, but how long will it last? It is not going to last for more than six to eight weeks. You will have to apply the wax again to maintain the glossy look. But that is wasting a lot of money and time for you. So, the best solution for this problem is to use Car paint sealants. Even the car experts prefer these sealants over the car wax as they are very useful and beneficial as well. You will be able to apply them very quickly, just like you do with the car wax. The glossy look that you get is amazing, and you will even be able to see your face. Your car is going to look its best with only one application, and it is going to last for at least one year. That means you need not have to keep applying it, again and again, every two months.
Another benefit of using a car paint sealant is they do not just make the car glossy and shiny. It will make sure that the paint of the vehicle is protected. These sealants use synthetic polymers in their making, and that takes care of the car paint. You can easily apply the sealant with the hands or even with the help of a machine, just like you do with the car wax. Either way, it is not going to take more than an hour to complete the entire process, and hence you will be able to save money and also time with these car paint sealants.
Now, here comes the biggest challenge, and that is, which is the good car paint sealant available at online market. Yes, it is a challenge because you will not be able to decide one from so many options around you. Just to save some time and money for you, I have come up with the list of ten best rated car paint sealants that value for the money. You can go through a small review of the product and its pros and cons. This way, you will be able to decide which car paint sealant is right for your vehicle. Even if that is not helping you, then you can go through the buying guide available below. That guide will help you understand what has to be considered while buying a car paint sealant. Here check my another review for the best spray paint for cars.
Let us get started.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Car Paint Sealant Reviews
- 1. Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant
- 2. Meguiar’s M2116 Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0
- 3. Wolfgang Concours Series WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
- 4. CarPro Reload Spray Sealant with Sprayer
- 5. Griot’s Garage 11075 One-Step Sealant
- 6. 303 SiO2 Based Touchless Sealant for Paint
- 7. TriNova Car Paint Sealant
- 8. CAR-SHOW 1 Polymer Paint Sealant
- 9. Flitz Hydrophobic Spray Sealant and Paint Protectant
- 10. Adam’s Paint Sealant
- How To Choose The Best Car Paint Sealant
- How To Remove Paint Sealant From The Car?
- Car Paint Sealant Frequently Asked Questions
Best Buy Car Paint Sealant Reviews
Have a look at some of the best car paint sealants available on the US market.
1. Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant
Chemical Guys is one of the best brands when it comes to car products. This Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant is one of their best products. It is a mix of both acrylic and polymer sealant for your cars. It is suitable for any kind of vehicle and will provide the best shine. It is available in a bottle of 16 oz, and you can choose from other quantities as well. It offers protection from UV rays, discoloration, water spots, and contamination as well. A hydrophobic protective layer is formed on the top of the paint so that the shine of the car is not affected. There will not be any problem with water spots or stains. The application process is straightforward, and you can apply it with the help of hands or machines. You need to clean the car with the help of a car soap and decontaminate it. You should now use a small amount of this sealant on the car and let it settle for at least 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you can buff it off with a microfiber cloth. When compared to similar products, it gives better results.
- You will be able to protect the car for at least 12 months.
- You can use hands or machine for its application.
- It protects from UV rays, discoloration, and water spots.
- The process of application is very simple.
- The shine will not last long in the rainy season.
2. Meguiar’s M2116 Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0
Meguiar’s M2116 Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0 gives an exceptionally unique shine to your vehicle. You will be able to enjoy advanced protection and paint care as it is a professional grade sealant. You can easily apply the sealant as it glides very smoothly on the surface of the car. It is a Synthetic polymer sealant and comes with water beading action. It will also protect from external factors as well. This sealant is specially made to provide extra protection to the paint for a long time. Even when the car is in good condition, if it does not look good, then nobody will like it. It gives a deep and reflective finish, which means your car is going to shine well. You can use a dual-action polisher, rotary buffer, or your hands to apply this sealant. You can pick from 16 oz and 64 oz bottles according to your requirements. If there are any mild scratches on the surface of the car, you will be able to see them disappear after you are done with applying this sealant.
- Available in different quantities.
- You can easily apply the sealant.
- You will enjoy protection from many external factors.
- It is an excellent product at the price range.
- Beginners may find it challenging to apply.
- The shine is excellent, but it will last only for two months.
3. Wolfgang Concours Series WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
If you wish to achieve the best shine with a very less quantity of sealant, then you should get Wolfgang Concours Series WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. You will get an outstanding glossy look and does not get affected by any external factors. You will be able to protect the car paint from environmental pollutants, saltwater, and sunlight as well. That means there is no tension of color fading or discoloration of the paint. A unique formula of anti-static polymers is used in the making of this sealant, and that will help in repelling the dust from the surface of the paint. That means you will be able to maintain the shine for a very long time. Sealants should be applied only in a cool climate, but this sealant does not have any such requirements. You can use it in any kind of weather, and it will still be as effective as it has been applied in a hot climate. It is available in 16 fl oz and 128 oz bottles. You can select the right quantity according to your requirement or how frequently you apply it.
- You will be able to see an outstanding shine.
- It protects from saltwater, environmental pollutants, and sunlight as well.
- It comes with anti-static polymer formula which reflects the dust from the surface of the car.
- You can apply this sealant in any climate.
- It leaves a white residue once it is dry.
4. CarPro Reload Spray Sealant with Sprayer
CarPro Reload Spray Sealant with Sprayer is different from what you have seen so far. It is not just for offering a glossy shine to the car, but will also provide ultimate protection from the harmful UV rays. It is rated as one of the best products from paintwork protection. The best part about this sealant is you can apply it by just spraying it. You can use the sprayer on rubber, glass, and also on a plastic. This will help in removing the dust away from these surfaces as well. Many professional workshops use this professional product as it gives fantastic results after single use itself. It is going to last for a long time as well. So you need not have to keep applying the spray again and again. It is available in a 500 ml bottle, and that comes with a sprayer. That means you need not have to buy an external sprayer for using this sealant on your cars. You can also pick from 100 ml, 1 liter, and a 4-liter spray bottle. It all depends on how frequently you are going to use it.
- It is specially designed to protect from UV rays.
- It is very easy to use as it comes in a spray bottle.
- You will get ultimate shine in just one application.
- It is available in different quantities.
- The glossy shine lasts only for 30 to 60 days.
5. Griot’s Garage 11075 One-Step Sealant
Griot’s Garage 11075 One-Step Sealant is a wonderful choice, and just like its name suggests, it takes just one step to protect the car paint. You just need to apply one layer of this sealant on the paint and get a glossy look. Now you can relax for up to one year as the wet and glossy shine will remain for one year. If there are any minor scratches, imperfections, or swirls on the surface of the car, they can be corrected with the help of this sealant. When you apply a layer of the sealant, the sealant bonds with the paint, and hence all the imperfections will disappear. Many people go for wax whenever they wash the car. You may not find the time every weekend and hence just wash the car and apply the sealant just once. Now you just need to wash the car every week, but you need not have to worry about the polish. Those car owners who leave their car outdoor for a long time should go for this kind of product to protect the car paint. It is a quick and simple way to use this sealant.
- It gives a wet and glossy shine.
- Any swirls, scratches, and minor imperfections will be covered up.
- It will last for at least one year.
- A very good product for cars which are left outdoor for a long time.
- No cons so far.
6. 303 SiO2 Based Touchless Sealant for Paint
If you are looking for a single product that can be applied to car paint, glasses, and wheels of the vehicle, then 303 SiO2 Based Touchless Sealant for Paint is an excellent choice. If you are spending a lot of time just to add a nice glossy shine to the car, this product is going to provide great relief to you. You can protect the paint and also the shine of the car. It is a Polymer sealant and is available in a 32 oz bottle. You will be able to get protection from debris, dirt, water spots, and also containments. If you are using any wax and fed up using it too many times, then you should go for this product as it is going to last two times more than the usual wax available in the market. It comes in the form of a spray, and hence it becomes really simple for you to use the sealant. All you need to do is just spray and allow it to dry. Once it is dry, just wipe it off with microfiber, and you are done. You need to wash the car before the application and make sure that the car is cool. After washing, make sure that the surface is still wet before you apply.
- It can be used for wheels, car paint, and glasses as well.
- It comes in the form of spray and hence very easy to spray.
- You will get a smooth and glossy finish.
- It provides great protection from external factors.
- Streaking can be caused if you use excess sealant.
7. TriNova Car Paint Sealant
If you want to get the best from the car’s paint, then you will have to use TriNova Car Paint Sealant. It is made in the USA and is one of the best-rated products in the market. This sealant is made using the latest technology so that the sealant with bind with the paint of the car. When the paint and sealant bind with each other, it can last for a very long time. You can use an orbital polisher for applying this product. It is very simple to use and hence can be done with hands as well. It is made using a non-abrasive formula, and that will leave a nice shine in just no time. You can easily wipe it off after it is dried, and it gives a wet glossy look. You will be able to see your reflection on the surface of the car. Your car will be protected from road salt, harmful UV rays, bird poop, and other factors that can spoil the paint of your car. It is available in an 18 oz bottle and comes at a very affordable price. You can even apply it to the wheels, glass, and rims of the car wheels.
- It uses the latest technology and hence will last for a long time.
- It protects from UV rays, bird poop, and roadside salt.
- You can apply with a hand or orbital applicator.
- The smell can be harsh for people with a sensitive nose.
8. CAR-SHOW 1 Polymer Paint Sealant
CAR-SHOW 1 Polymer Paint Sealant is a professional choice product. Many car wash stores use this sealant to provide that showroom like shine. It will last for a very long time, and that is one of the main reasons why people prefer this product. You need not have to apply any wax or other products to get a shine on the car surface. You just need to apply one layer of the paint sealant. It blends very well with the paint, and that is the reason it is going to stay for a long time. It will last not less than one year. Your car paint is protected from UV rays, and hence the car color does not fade out. It offers a sleek finish, and that will make sure that the dirt and dust do not stick to the surface of the car. You can use this sealant on the glass surface as well, like on the windshield for a shiny look. It not only protects from UV rays but will also protect from rain. The water drops of rain will just bead off, so there will not be any water spots on the car.
- It will give you a showroom like shine.
- The shine will last for one year.
- It protects from UV rays and also rainwater.
- It protects the car from discoloration.
- The water does not bead off the vehicle.
9. Flitz Hydrophobic Spray Sealant and Paint Protectant
Available in a spray bottle of 8 oz, Flitz Hydrophobic Spray Sealant and Paint Protectant is a good choice for your car, especially for the cars that are left outdoor for a long time. If you loved the results of the Carnauba wax, you will love the results of this sealant because you will be able to see better results than the wax. It will not just see the car shining, but there will also be a protective layer on the car’s surface. This layer will make sure that the paint of the car remains safe. The results of the sealant will last for at least eight months. You can use the sealant on various surfaces like cars, motorcycles, trucks, all metals, and all kinds of paints, plastic surfaces, and also glass. It protects from the water spots, salt, and UV rays as well. You will see a mirror-like finish, and it completely streaks free products. It is made in the USA by a family-owned company. You will receive a microfiber cloth along with the sealant for wiping the sealant from the surface.
- It can be used on almost all kinds of metals and surfaces.
- It protects from UV rays, dirt, salt, and water spots.
- The shine lasts for eight months.
- You will get a microfiber cloth along with the sealant.
- The smell of the sealant is very strong.
10. Adam’s Paint Sealant
Protecting your car paint, other painted surfaces, and car wheels have never been so easy before using Adam’s Paint Sealant. The wet and glossy shine of your car paint is going to last for months, and that reduces the number of times you need to apply the wax on the painted surface of the car. You get a highly reflective shine for the car, whether you are applying with hands or using machines. When you look at the car after polishing, it gives an impression of a new car. It will spread evenly, and it is very easy to wipe off after the sealant dries out. You just need a soft towel or microfiber for wiping the car surface after the sealant dries out. The manufacturer gives a 100 percent guarantee for the product, and if you are not happy with the product’s results, you can get in touch with them. It is available in a bottle of 8 oz.
- It gives your car a wet and glossy look.
- It is very easy to apply.
- It is available in a bottle of 8 oz.
- The shine does not last for a long time.
How To Choose The Best Car Paint Sealant
You will always want to select the best car paint sealant for your cars, but again that does not mean that you will have to spend a lot of money on buying one. An expensive product does not always mean the best products. You should always pick something that should be easy to apply and give a vibrant finish. Some products come at a pocket-friendly price, but when you put a little effort, you will be able to get the best out of it. So, here is how you should make your choice
- Type of sealant
Although there are many different types of sealants available in the market, the most popular options are Polymer and Acrylic. If you are looking for an option that can last for a very long time, then you should always pick the Acrylic car paint sealants. They will last for more than a year. But if you are looking for better shine, then you should choose the Polymer sealants. A Polymer sealant contains wax, and hence you will be able to protect your car, and at the same time, you will be able to add some beauty to it. So, make a choice based on your requirements.
- Type of finish
You will be able to find different kinds of sealants in the market, and different options offer you different kinds of finish. Some of them give you a vivid shine, and some will give a wet and glossy look. So, depending on what kind of look you need, you will have to make a choice.
One of the main reasons why you go car sealants and not wax is these car paint sealants will protect the car paint. So, you will have to consider what kind of protection is offered when you buy a particular sealant. You will get UV rays protection, water spots, contaminants, dirt, and discoloration. Protection from UV rays damage is very important to make sure that your car paint does not fade off. It forms like a protective layer on the car paint, and thus the car paint will be protected.
This is another reason why we are choosing car paint sealants over the car wax. The sealant will not for a long time when compared to wax. You cannot take out time for applying a car sealant to your car every weekend. So, you need to pick something that can last for a very long time. You will be able to save both time and money if you are choosing a long-lasting option.
Depending on how frequently you apply the car sealant, you will have to pick a bottle that suits your requirements. It is available for 8 oz to 124 oz, and so you can make the right choice. It is always good to select a bottle that can last for a long time. Most of the time, you don’t need a lot of quantity for one application, and hence if you are choosing the right quantity, it is going to last for a very long time.
How To Remove Paint Sealant From The Car?
There might be times when you wish to remove the oil paint sealant from the vehicle to apply a new one. Removing the old sealant would help you in applying the new with perfection. Now, without removing the old sealant, the new one would not bond to the car. Below are the steps that you can follow to remove the old sealant from the car.
- Start by giving a wash to the car. You must use a car washing liquid to wash the car. After the wash is complete, wait before you dry the car. During this step, you need to notice if the water beading is happening or not. If you see that there is no water beading effect, then you are good to start with the new application; however, if you notice a water beading effect, then you would need to remove the old sealant.
- Using a good wash and clear solution will help you remove most of the sealant from the car, so you can also try giving a wash using one such liquid. If you are not able to remove the sealant event after the wash, then you can also try using a Pre-Wax cleaner. This helps you in removing the old sealant and getting a clean surface for the new application.
- Some of the sealants are very hard, and they can be difficult to remove. Most of the sealants should be removed by following the first two steps, but if you didn’t get the results yet, then it is time to be more aggressive. In such a case, you need to add APC to the cleaning liquid. Using the APC may be slightly tricky, so you should only cover 2 or 3 panels at once while using APC and wash them completely before proceeding to the next set of panels. By following this step, you should be able to remove the sealant in most cases.
- You would not have to reach until this step in case of most of the sealant, but if you still notice water beading, then this is an additional point that you would need to follow. Here, you would need to wipe the panel using Isopropyl Alcohol. You should only do this after drying the car properly. In a spray bottle, you can mix a 50% solution of Isopropyl Alcohol with distilled water. Spray a panel and wipe it with a microfiber towel. With this, the sealant will surely be removed from your car.
Car Paint Sealant Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Apply Car Paint Sealant?
Generally, applying the paint sealant is simple and similar to applying car wax. You can apply the car paint sealant in two ways – by hand and by machine.
For applying the sealant by hand, you should wash the vehicle first and then apply an IPA spray solution on it. This will remove the dust and small particles off the surface. After that, apply a small amount of the sealant and rub the surface using a microfiber sponge. Make sure that you are rubbing the surface in a forward and upright motion, not in a circular motion. Once you completed applying the sealant, check it by rubbing your hand on it. You can also polish the surface using a microfiber towel.
Applying the paint sealant using a machine is also simple. However, in this process, it makes circular marks on the surface. In order to decrease the circular marks, you can clean the surface and make it free from dust particles. So for applying the sealant using the machine, you need to prepare the surface properly.
- Can I Remove A Car Paint Sealant Fully?
Yes, it is possible to remove a car paint sealant, but it will be a little difficult. For removing the car paint sealant, you can look for automotive soaps instead of normal soaps. The automotive soaps are specially designed for removing car sealants and waxes. However, this will also require several attempts to remove the sealant properly.
- When Should I Use Car Paint Sealant?
Paint sealant is a good option for protecting your car paint. If your car paint is in good condition and you want to protect it by spending fewer amounts, then you should go for a paint sealant. Moreover, car paint sealants are ideal for people who are living in very hot or cold areas. If you are driving your car daily on the highways, then a car paint sealant is a cost-effective option for you to protect the paint. Also, those who don’t want to put their time and effort to apply a ceramic coating to protect the paint can go for paint sealant for better results.
- How Long Will A Car Paint Sealant Last?
Usually, most car paint sealants can last up to four to six months. But some advanced paint sealants can last up to a year. If you want to apply these advanced car pint sealants, then you will need to spend more money and go for professional applications.
- Can I Apply Wax Over A Car Paint Sealant?
Yes, you can apply wax over a car paint sealant for better results. This will add an extra layer of protection to your car.
- Is Car Paint Sealant Better Than Wax?
Mostly, it depends on your personal preferences. Usually, car paint sealants can last more compared to wax, but they will point to the damages more than wax. However, a car paint sealant can make an old car look better. So you can go for a paint sealant if you want to maintain your car’s look for a long time.
Have you decided on the right car paint sealant? So, what is your choice? You can pick any product from the above list, and you will enjoy all the benefits of a car paint sealant. So, just spare some time and make the right choice. You are going to receive a lot of compliments about your car once you apply the sealant.
You need not have to apply wax for every one or two months. Whatever mode of the application you choose, you will not have to waste a lot of time for its application. So, let the best car paint sealant today and give your car a glossy shine.