Cars are prone to repairs now and then, and many people love to fix certain things by themselves rather than taking them to a mechanic. If you know, then it is not going to be a tough job at all. But along with expertise, you will need the right tools as well. One of the essential tools that you will need is a car ramp if you need to work beneath the car. Most of the people opt for car jacks or steel floor for this job. But they are not the right tools if you are going to work for a long time. Jacks and steel floor can be used only when you need to work for a short time. If you continue using them for a long time, there are chances for them to drop off or bend. So, always get the car ramps.
A car ramp needs to be very strong and perfect to avoid any kind of accident when you are working beneath the car. You need to make sure that you are picking the right car ramp, and there are hundreds of options available in the market. Picking one right product from so many options is not going to be an easy job even for a professional mechanic. There are so many factors that are to be considered when choosing a car ramp for low cars or oil change. If you are looking for the best option, then instead of spending a lot of time at the stores, let us spend some time here looking at the best ten car ramps for the money. All the ten products have been discussed briefly, along with the pros and cons of each of them. It gets easy for you to make a choice now. The list and the buying guide together will make it possible for you to make the right choice. By the end of the article, we will make it easy for you to choose the right car ramp.
So, let us look at the best ten car ramps available on the USA market without any further delay.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Car Ramps Reviews
- 1. RhinoGear RhinoRamps Vehicle Ramp
- 2. Rage Power sports Car Service Ramps
- 3. Trailer-Aid Tandem Tire Changing Ramp
- 4. Nicky Nice Solid Steel Auto Ramp Set
- 5. Race Ramps RR-40 Service Sports Ramps
- 6. Black Widow PSR295 Plastic Car Service Ramps
- 7. Sealey CAR3000C Car Ramps
- 8. Laser LAS5669 Low Rise Car Ramp
- 9. Tomioka Racing Super Slopes Car Ramps
- 10. Hilka 82340010 2t Car Ramp
- How To Choose The Best Car Ramps
- Are Metal Car Ramps Better Than Plastic Car Ramps?
- Car Ramps Frequently Asked Questions
Best Buy Car Ramps Reviews
Here are the best ten options.
1. RhinoGear RhinoRamps Vehicle Ramp
RhinoGear RhinoRamps Vehicle Ramp is an excellent choice for your car. They are the best and most sturdy design available in the market. It is a pack of one pair of car ramps. You will be able to raise the car at 17-degree angle, and that means, your vehicle will be 6.5 inches height from the ground. The width of the car ramp is 9 inches. They are made using plastic polymer material, which is highly durable and long-lasting. The heavy-duty material is very rough. It can lift up to 12000 pounds of weight and good enough for your cars and trucks as well. The weight of these car ramps is just 19 pounds, and hence you will be able to lift them and carry them with ease. The design comes in a space-saving design, which helps store them in one corner of your garage. The bottom of the ramp comes in Core Trac non-slip design, and that reduces the chances of the ramps to move. One of the main reasons why people opt for this design is they are quite affordable.
- They are just 19 pounds, and hence you can easily carry them to any place.
- You will be able to lift the vehicle up to 6.5 inches from the ground.
- They are made using highly durable material, which helps them last longer.
- It comes with anti-slip bottom.
- The width of the ramp is just 9 inches which may not be suitable for many tyres.
2. Rage Power sports Car Service Ramps
Here is another good pair of car ramps for you, Rage Powersports Car Service Ramps. They are the best choice for a low-profile car. You will be able to lift the vehicle 2.5 inches from the ground. It comes in a pack of two car ramps. You will be able to perform minor repairs to your car. These are strong and better than the car jacks that can stay stable for a long time. Your vehicle will be inclined at 9.05 degrees angle, and it can easily lift 4400 lbs of weight. There are honeycomb perforations on the ramp, and that will prevent the risk of slipping of the vehicle from the ramp. 7 ¾ wide and you will have to make sure that your car tyres will fit into it. They are made using hard and heavy-duty plastic material, which helps the last really long. You will have to a little extra cautious when you are driving up the ramp and make sure that you are placing the vehicle in the right angle. Car ramps are handy and will help in doing your job in the right way, without having to spend a lot of money.
- It can lift weight up to 4400 lbs.
- It is made using heavy-duty plastic.
- It is suitable for low-profile cars.
- It comes with honeycomb perforations for an anti-slip design.
- It can lift the car up to 2.5 inches in height only.
3. Trailer-Aid Tandem Tire Changing Ramp
Available in black and yellow colors, Trailer-Aid Tandem Tire Changing Ramp is an excellent choice for your car. You will be able to change your car tyres, change engine oil and do a lot more with the help of these car ramps. These ramps are made exclusively for trailers, and they can be used for your cars as well. It is going to lift the car up to 4.5 inches height, and it has a capacity of 15,000 pounds. These ramps are made using more reliable and durable polymer material but are very light in weight. Changing the trailer tyres is not an easy job, with the help of these ramps, you will be able to do it by yourself. These ramps are resistant to water and rust and hence will last for a very long time. If you are picking this ramp for your trailer or car, you need to make sure that these are suitable or not. They are made of lightweight material, and hence you can take them along with you even when you are traveling. They do not occupy a lot of space in the car.
- They are made using durable polymer material.
- It can lift the vehicle up to 4.5 to inches.
- It can lift cars up to 15000 pounds weight.
- It is resistant to water and rust as well.
- They are very light in weight.
- These may not be suitable for all cars; hence you need to check in advance before buying.
4. Nicky Nice Solid Steel Auto Ramp Set
If you are looking for a reasonably priced car ramp, you should look at Nicky Nice Solid Steel Auto Ramp Set. If you like plastic car ramps, then you will surely love these solid steel car ramps. When compared to the plastic options, these are highly durable but priced very reasonably. The sleek and robust design of the ramps makes it very attractive. They can withstand daily wear and tear and also will prevent corrosion. These ramps come with powder coating, and that makes them look very stylish. To avoid any kind of slippage from the ramp, there are extruded holes on the surface of the ramp. They come with a width of 9 inches and when picking these, make sure that your car tyres are suitable for this ramp. They will be to lift up to 6,500 lbs of weight, 2000 lbs for each ramp. Each ramp is 35 inches long, and they will be able to hold the car very well. Since they are made of steel, they are slightly expensive compared to the plastic ramps, but they are worth the investment.
- These car ramps are made using Steel material.
- It comes with powder coating for a better finish.
- It can lift up to 9 inches.
- It can hold up to 6500 lb weight.
- Each ramp is 35 inches long.
- There are extruded holes to avoid any slippage.
- Slight expensive option.
5. Race Ramps RR-40 Service Sports Ramps
Car ramps are not just for servicing your cars, but can also be used for displaying as well. If you are looking for such ramps that can be used in both ways, then Race Ramps RR-40 Service Sports Ramps are an excellent choice. This is the robust design that is loved by most of the sport car lovers. It can raise the car up to a height of 7 inches and can handle the tyres of 8 inches wide. With a 16.7-degree inclination angle, they are just perfect for any kind of work beneath the car. They are straightforward to use, and you can transport them easily. They come with anti-slid bottom, and hence they will not move when you are using them. Even when you are using on an icy surface, they will still remain stable. Each ramp weight capacity is 1500 lbs and hence overall is 6000 lbs capacity. They are made using EPS, Expanded Polystyrene Foam material, which makes them highly durable. They are excellent ramps for sports cars like Jaguar, BMW or anything of that kind. The design is straightforward, but yet very durable.
- It comes with 8 inches width.
- It can lift up to 7 inches.
- The maximum weight capacity is 6000 lbs.
- It comes with anti-slip bottom, which does not slip even on an icy surface.
- It is one of the best choices for sports cars.
- It cannot be used for all kinds of cars.
6. Black Widow PSR295 Plastic Car Service Ramps
If you own a large vehicle like truck, SUV, van or truck, then you can consider Black Widow PSR295 Plastic Car Service Ramps. They are the most reliable and durable option for heavy vehicles. When you have to work underneath the car, it is essential to have enough space so that you will be able to work correctly. With this car ramp, you will be able to lift the car up to 7 inches, and that is perfect space for you to work. It is made of simple plastic, but it is a highly durable material, and that makes it one of the best products in the market. The maximum weight capacity of this car ramp is 16,000 lbs, and they do not break under any kind of pressure when you are working under it. It gives secure and stable support due to the internal support mechanism. This mechanism will help in the distribution of weight onto all four ramps. The grooves on the top of the ramp help in providing excellent grip to the car. They are very light in weight and also do not occupy a lot of space in your garage.
- Rubberized feet for perfect grip.
- It can lift up to 7 inches.
- The maximum weight capacity is 16,000 lbs.
- It is made of plastic material, but it is highly durable.
- They are heavy when compared to similar ramps in the market.
7. Sealey CAR3000C Car Ramps
Here is another good car ramp option that you can consider, Sealey CAR3000C Car Ramps. It is made using heavy-duty Polypropylene material. It can be used for a professional car garage for repairing needs or by those who wish to take care of their car repairs by themselves. It can hold weight up to 6000 lbs for two ramps, and that is a good capacity for a low profile car. It is suitable for tyres with a width, not more than 10.2 inches. You need to be very careful when you are driving the car up the ramp. You should always make sure that the ramps that you are choosing suitable for your car tyres. These come with the anti-slip feature, and that makes sure that the ramp does not move once you start working underneath the car. They are available in black and come with grooves over the ramp. These grooves will keep the type steady when you place them on the ramp. These grooves do not let the moisture to retain on the top of the ramps, and hence they will hold the tyre well.
- It can lift the car up to 10.2 inches.
- The maximum weight capacity of a pair of ramps is 6000 lbs.
- It is made using Polypropylene material.
- They can be used by professionals and also by those who wish to repair cars in their own garage.
- No cons so far.
8. Laser LAS5669 Low Rise Car Ramp
Laser LAS5669 Low Rise Car Ramp is the next product on our list. It is one of the popular products that perform very well and is still available at a very affordable price. One important thing to keep in mind when looking for the best car ramps is the material used in the making of it. These car ramps are made using PolyproPylene material. It is a very common material used in the making of car ramps as it is highly durable and strong as well. When used in the right way, they are going to last for a very long time. They are very light in weight, and they still will be able to lift a maximum weight of 11,000 lbs for a pair of ramps. They are good for low profile cars, which do not need a very high rise when you need to work underneath them. They are light, and hence you can store them or carry them anywhere of your choice. There are grooves on the car ramps, which make it hard for the moisture to stay on them. Due to that, the tyres of the car do not slip.
- They come at an affordable price.
- The ramps are made using PolyproPylene material.
- It can lift a maximum weight of 11,000 lbs.
- They come with grooves which do not allow moisture to retain.
- They are good for low profile cars.
- They are not good for heavy vehicles.
9. Tomioka Racing Super Slopes Car Ramps
Here is another good option for those who are having low profile cars, Tomioka Racing Super Slopes Car Ramps. One ramp is going to weight 5 lbs, and that is the reason why these are the best choice for those who are looking for the lightweight car ramps. They come in a pack of two ramps, and this pair can hold a maximum capacity of 3000 lbs. These will help in raising the car to a height of 2.5 inches. The honeycomb grooves or channels on the ramps will make sure the car tyres do not slide. They also make sure that there is no moisture on the ramps. The stop groove on the ramp’s edge is also very useful when you are going slowly on the ramp. They can help in stopping the car at the right spot. They are made using heavy-duty plastic, and it is the most durable material. These are very popular as the lightweight car ramps that do a decent job. The price of the ramps is quite affordable, and hence many people love this affordable option.
- They are very light in weight, which is just 5 lbs per ramp.
- A pair of ramps can hold up to 3000 lbs.
- The honeycomb grooves will help in clearing the moisture on the ramp.
- There is a stove groove at the edge of the ramp.
- It can raise the car only up to 2.5 inches in height.
10. Hilka 82340010 2t Car Ramp
Last, on the list, we have Hilka 82340010 2t Car Ramp. These are available in a pack of two ramps. This pair of ramps will be able to hold a maximum weight of 4000 lbs. That means these are again good for low profile cars only. The track is 8.2 inches wide; hence, you will be able to use it for tires of that width or less than it. You need to go really slow when you are taking the car above them. The stop grooves at one end of the ramps work well, only when you are moving slowly. They are available in red color and are made of heavy-duty metal. They are light in weight and come in an easy storing design. You can easily store them when you are traveling. Always make sure that you check if they are compatible with your car tyres or not. They are very easy to use.
- It comes as a pack of a pair of car ramps.
- Each pair can hold a maximum weight of 4000 lbs.
- The track is 8.2 inches wide.
- They come with stop grooves.
- They are available in red color.
- They do not have a grip on the surface.
How To Choose The Best Car Ramps
The top ten products listed above are the best choice in the market. Now, after going through this buying guide, you will be able to narrow down the list further and make the right choice. Car ramps can be very useful when you are changing the oil or draining the car radiator. So, here are the important considerations that you need to make before you make a choice on the best car ramp.
- The material
The first and foremost thing to consider is the material used in the making of the car ramps. You should always go with industry grade rubber material. It is the best and most durable material that you can pick. If you still want to know about the other best options, then you can go for hard plastic or steel. The hard plastic is the cheaper option, and steel is the most expensive option. You can make a choice based on your budget as all three are good.
- The weight
You should first have knowledge about the weight of your car without any passenger or luggage in it. It is called the curb weight of your car. You will have to pick a car ramp that is compatible with weight more than your car’s curb weight. Usually, even for a mid-sized truck, you can go with 6,500 lbs to 10,000 lbs. They are not too expensive and also a good choice.
- The height
You are using car ramps so that you will be able to work comfortably beneath the car. So, it is very important to make sure that the car ramp’s height is good enough for you to work. Along with that, if you are going to do all this inside your garage, then you will have to be careful with the roof height as well. To stay safe, check the gap between the garage roof and the car roof so that you will be able to make the right choice.
When you are placing the car ramps on the floor, they may slip, and hence you will have to pick a car ramp that comes with anti-slip surface. That way, it does not slip off the car ramp, and there will not be any chance of accidents when you are working beneath the car. If you are working under heavy trucks, then you will have to pick something that comes with pre-made holes. These holes will help in fixing the car ramp to the floor with the help of a bolt so that it does not move when you are working under the car.
- The width
The next important factor to keep in mind is the width of the car ramp. You should always measure the width of the tire before you pick the ramp. If your car has a width of 8.5 inches, then choose something that is bigger than this width, like something 12 inches wide. This way, you will be able to accommodate the type of car and still leave some space on either side so that there will not be any chance of error. When you choose the right size, the chances of the slippage will also be reduced.
Are Metal Car Ramps Better Than Plastic Car Ramps?
To life your vehicle in the garage, a floor jack comes in handy and it seems like a great choice. But, in recent years, the use of ramps has skyrocketed due to the ease-of-use feature. It doesn’t matter what material is used in manufacturing; most people find it a highly efficient choice. But there are two types based on the material – Metal Car Ramps and Plastic Car Ramps. In case you are confused between these types, it would be a better option to check out the traits and flaws of each type.
Metal Car Ramps
Metal ramps were the first ones introduced in the market. Even though the design is a decade old, they are considered the most reliable option. There is a high-grade carbon steel used in the manufacturing process. As it is made of alloy, there is aluminium and low weight alloys play an essential role in keeping it lightweight and maintaining the strength.
- Affordable – No doubt that metal car ramps are made of an expensive alloy as compared to plastic, these are cheap. The key reason behind affordability is the availability of alloys. The old design is comparatively better also.
- Sturdy – You are not going to notice any flex in the body of the metal car ramp due to a sturdy design. There are plenty of metal alloys used in the manufacturing process. The steel frame is guarded with aluminium rails to prevent flex in the body of the frame.
- Simple Design – Instead of keeping a fully-fledged design, these are simple and looks quite impressive in the workshop. You can paint the steel ramp and enhance the overall durability.
- Highly Durable – Aluminium and steel are corrosion-resistant metals but there is a small percentage of iron that can oxidate in the presence of moisture. But if you consider proper maintenance and use paint, prevention seems easier.
- Slow Corrosion – Even with aggressive prevention from moisture, the top layer of paint start removing and the metal body can oxidate. This is the only major issue that you might face.
- Weight – The overall weight of metal car ramps might be the biggest issue. You won’t be getting any portability with such a heavy design.
Plastic Car Ramps
Plastic car ramps come a long way as if you consider their design in the past several years. There are some impressive and quirky features introduced to enhance the overall durability, strength, and effectiveness. These car ramps don’t block the underneath access to the car and that is a big advantage over metal car ramps.
- Lightweight design – Nothing is better than a tool that offers portability. The lightweight design of plastic car ramps is easy to move, and you can take these ramps to any location with ease.
- Better Access – The underneath access to the car is important if you want to remove the lubricant oil cap. Or, you want to work in the car. Plastic car ramps have better access and provide ease.
- Various Size options – You can choose between several sizes to figure out the best one for your specific need.
- Slightly Expensive Price tag – The only problem with plastic car ramp is its expensive price tag. Plastic might seem cheaper, but the lack of resources and new technology increases the price tag.
Car Ramps Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the car’s curb weight has to do with the ramps?
For people who do not know, a car curb weight is the weight of the car without passengers. You should always measure the car ramp according to the curb weight of your car. We recommend you to go for a ramp with a higher weight than that can handle the ideal weight of the car. A car ramp weighing 6500-10,000 lbs is ideal for truck and cars
- How to pick an accurate car ramp length according to garage space and car?
You should always pick the length of the car ramp, depending upon the garage space available in your area. Otherwise, the car ramp will be expanding out of the garage area. You should also take care of the fact that how low/high is the base of the car from the ground. Ideally, a 6 to 15-degree incline of the car ramp is considered perfect.
- How much can I expect my car ramp’s durability?
The lifespan of a car ramp is quite long. It is something that you should invest finely at once. You do not need to change it every coming year. Also, the durability is highly dependent on the frequency of use and maintenance. The humid/monsoon weather can also lessen its durability.
- I am a first-time car ramp buyer. Can you please specify how to use it?
Okay! First, you need to park your car in a stable position. Next, take the car ramp and position it, looking at the wheels and center of your car. The slope should be facing towards the car, and it should be in alignment with the wheels. Carefully, turn on the car and drive on the ramp till you reach the center. Make sure to apply the parking brake; otherwise, the car will start rolling back.
- Can I work on a ramp on a rainy day?
No, we do not recommend you to work on a car ramp in a rainy day. It makes you more prone to accidental injuries.
- What are the measures I need to follow for the enhanced safety of my car?
You need to take care of the following points while using the car ramp:
- Avoid working in a slippery/wet ramp.
- Make sure to assemble and use wheel chocks.
- Do not start working unless the car is not in the center.
- Use the car ramp with a higher capacity.
- How much steepness is accurate for a car ramp?
We recommend to have a car ramp with a steepness between 1:6 to 1:10.
- What is the right method of securing the ramp?
There is a drilled hole that ensures that secures the car. You should always rest on the connection for enhanced security.
- How do I ideally place the wheel chocks?
You should place the chock on the back and front of a single wheel.
- What is the weight that a car ramp could handle?
An adequate quality car ramp can hold a weight of 3000 to 4000 pounds readily.
We hope you liked our list of best car ramps. Compared to car jacks, car ramps are always a great choice as they are more stable and robust. They can hold the car in position for a long time. So, it is now your turn to pick one good option from the list given above and with the help of the buying guide. It is you who has to make the final call and to do that you need to weigh all the details of each product. Compared them and then made a choice. Budget is always very important to consider, but when you are looking for something strong and durable, you should pay a few bucks for the quality you are looking for.
A cheaper one may look like it can perform well, but you should always remember that you always get what you pay for. So, make the right choice and get home the best car ramp.