While going on a picnic with your family, you can feel that there is no power outlet in the car to charge your laptop and other devices. Everyone feels the need and think about the effective solution in such cases. The most common option preferred by everyone is to use a power inverter. Have you heard about these before? Well, you might have.
These are small devices which convert the DC voltage into AC voltage instantly and allow you to plug-in smartphone charger, Laptops, computer and many other devices which require AC voltage. A good quality power inverter is capable of converting 150 DC voltage into 110 AC voltage, and you can expect a great use.
The key quality is, these devices do not harm your car’s battery and provide an effective solution that will fulfill the need in an effective manner. Most of the people who usually drive an RV or prefer traveling a lot consider the purchase of such devices. You need to connect the inverter, and then you are good to go by connecting TV, Laptop, electric cookers, and many other kinds of appliances.
The range of manufacturers is offering these car power inverters, which are small, easy to use, and don’t cost too much in your pocket. It is a one-time investment, and you can use these for a range of purposes. The durability is the best thing about it, and you can find several other advantages.
The only problem is, these gadgets are not very common, and everyone has a limited detail about the same. A range of manufacturers are offering these inverters for different price points if you check out the market, and figuring out a great deal seems a bit more confusing. In such conditions, being selective is important here.
Due to this, we made a list of top quality power inverters for the money by consulting with experts and talking to people from the forum. This list contains ten hand-picked power inverters, which are best in all kinds and suit your need. The only thing is, you have to understand your need and sort out the right one.
Let’s explore the top 10 best power inverters for your car –
1. BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter
An effective power supply with a compact design is the basic need in everyone’s mind. To match your need and provide the best use, BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter is an effective choice in all kinds. Three qualities are jaw-dropping here. First, it is a well-build and sturdy power inverter that looks durable at the same time. The thick body with compact size is major quality.
Secondly, this product is converting DC to AC effectively with no fluctuation, and the power supply can exceed to 300w as per your need. The last thing is the warranty, and you are getting one year of warranty from the date of purchase. Undoubtedly, this brand is credible and offers great after-sale services, so the selection becomes easier here.
- It is a highly powerful power inverter that works effectively up to 300w.
- There are two main ports and two USB ports for convenient use.
- The build is sturdy, and you can find that this inverter is compact also.
- The manufacturer is offering one year of warranty from the date of purchase.
- You can even plug all the ports and still expect an effective power supply with ease.
- There are no cons reports about this product.
2. KRIËGER 1100 Watt 12V Power Inverter Dual 110V AC Outlets
No doubt that a product that offers a blend of great working and premium build always feels reliable. Well, the same thing is offered by KRIËGER 1100-Watt 12V Power Inverter Dual 110V AC Outlets. It is a premium quality power inverter that allows you to charge your smartphone with a fast charging feature. There is nothing like power fluctuation, so it seems credible.
You can plug other appliances into the two AC outlets simultaneously and get 110V AC power. There is nothing to worry about the design, and you can find many other models available in it. This manufacturer offers a power inverter that can handle 4000 watts, which is quite remarkable. Everything is positive, except for the price, which seems a bit expensive here.
- There is a small LCD screen to let you know about the current-voltage supply.
- There are two 12V USB ports and two power outlets to supply 110v AC voltage.
- The built is sturdy, and it is also easy to use, which makes it a highly credible product.
- The manufacturer offers three years of warranty on this product.
- This product is not that compact, so you have to find the right place to install it.
- You have to pay a significantly high price for this power inverter.
3. BMK 200W Car Power Inverter
If you want something compact and easy to use, then there is no doubt that BMK 200W Car Power Inverter is a no brainer. First of all, it is very lightweight and easy to install, which will help you understand why this is such a popular option. For cars, this power inverter is helpful to connect several devices and expect great use.
You can easily place it into the glove box. The other qualities are a number of ports. This product has a great design, and you can find four 12v USB ports with two 110v AC ports. Connecting a number of devices at the same time seems easier, and you won’t have to worry about a single thing during the use. The problem you can find is excessive heating after hours of continuous use.
- There is a small LCD display to provide power output detail all the time.
- It has a silent cooling fan that reduces temperature, and it works so quietly.
- People who want to buy a compact and lightweight design; this product is definitely a no brainer for them.
- You are getting four 12V USB and two 110v full-size sockets to plug-in other devices.
- On continuous use, this device starts to heat up, so you might have to pay close attention.
4. BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
A product that comes for a mid-range price point with an outstanding power supply is BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter. Well, the first thing is, don’t get confused with the sine wave labeling because it is the alternative name of AC current. It is a 300w power inverter, and it can provide you an effective power supply for electrical appliances.
From plugging in a laptop charger to kitchen appliances, this power inverter can work effectively. It has two main power outlet and two 12V USB outputs. The ventilation for the inverter is on top, and it cools down effectively. The problem is, this power inverter has fans who make a significant amount of noise when the inverter is plugged in from a couple of hours.
- It is an excellent current converter, and it doesn’t fluctuate as other products.
- The price seems affordable, and you can say that this product offer value for money deal.
- This inverter doesn’t heat up as you can find large fans and proper ventilation.
- You are getting two 12 v USB outlets, two main power outlet, and 300w conversion.
- The build is sturdy, and you can expect a proper working from this device.
- This inverter makes significant noise when the fans are working on full power.
5. Tripp Lite 375W Car Power Inverter
A unique power inverter which seems credible in the whole list is Tripp Lite 375W Car Power Inverter. The very first thing that you will notice about the design is, it has ventilation fans at the backside, and they are quite large. Still, if you are using this inverter for hours, you can’t even notice much noise, which provides great use here.
The second thing is, this inverter is capable of converting 375w of DC voltage into 110v voltage. There are two power outlets, and both are capable of providing effective power supply. This inverter doesn’t fluctuate the voltage, but there is a major con with a USB port. Yes, there are no USB ports offered, which might be hard to digest as if you want to charge your smartphone.
- The inverter is lightweight and compact, so it seems easy to install in your car.
- This power inverter is capable of converting 375w into 110v power in an effective manner.
- The cable length is good enough to reach the boot area of your car without any problem.
- It has an effective cooling system, and you can’t even notice any sort of noise.
- The price seems expensive as if you compare the price to other deals.
- There are no USB ports offered in this product.
6. DEWALT DXAEPI140 Power Inverter
When it comes to a small and ultra-compact power inverter for basic use like charging your laptop, DEWALT DXAEPI140 Power Inverter feels a good-to-go option. There is no doubt that a number of brands are offering an intense number of features, but this product is nailing the list just for simplicity and affordability. It is a great product for those who rarely have the need for a power inverter.
If you are going on a long trip in you and all you want is a power outlet to charge your laptop, camera batteries, or any kitchen appliance, then this product will suit the need. There is no other product that comes for a much lower price point. There are two USB ports offering 12v output and a single 110v AC output option. Both are good enough to fulfill the need effectively.
- It can convert 140w DC current into 110v AC, which seems reliable for small cars.
- The build is sturdy, and this product fulfills the need for basic stuff.
- The price seems affordable, and you can compare this deal to other options.
- You are getting two USB ports that provide 12V output for fast charging and one 110v power outlet.
- The design is simple, compact, and handy, which ensure a better use in most of the cases.
- Powering higher voltage devices for a longer time can heat this power inverter.
- The cable length might be the major issue for many users, so you have to be selective.
7. Allwei car power Inverter Charger Adapter
One of the best things that the Allwei car power adapter will provide is 300 watts of continuous power and 600w of peak power with both AC and DC. It is also good for charging things such as string lights, gaming consoles, phones, and iPad. You can also use small power TV and DVD players for more entertainment. With dual power 110V sockets and two USB ports, you can easily use it in different tasks.
The smart USB ports can automatically detect the device that is connected to provide the sufficient power needed. You can also charge the DSLR cameras with these ports. The built-in fuse provides multi-protection to all the devices from overheating, overcharging, and short-circuiting. This charging adaptor provides a 33-inch power cord for a little more convenience to the users, just plug it into the cigarette lighter socket and you are good to go.
- There is an upgraded cooling effect, which is helpful if power consumption is high.
- You can find fast charging, which can easily charge devices in no time.
- The premium quality of the circuit will protect the device for over and undercharging.
- The best thing is that it has an inside fan, which will keep the adaptor silent while operating.
- There are two main power sockets and two USB sockets which support fast charging.
- A limited number of reviews can’t ensure the durability of the product.
8. P.I Auto Store Premium Car Adaptor
In case you are looking for a product that is secure and provides high power for using electronic devices, P.I auto store car adaptor is approved by FCC and CE. This adaptor ensures the 110-120 volts of AC mains power to 12 volts DC. This device can be easily operated anywhere, whether you are at home or on the road. Just like any other premium car adaptor, this adaptor will ensure safety features like protection from overheating and short-circuiting.
It also provides a cable of 18AWG, which is 9 Ft long, and it also has an over-molded connector. You can also use an extension cord for this adaptor for more comfort. The cord that is fitted to the converter is 100V, which is highly reliable. The compact and portable design will help you to use it more easily while you on the road or planning for camping.
- The premium quality cord will ensure you to use it with recommended power safely.
- The quality of the product is robust so you can carry it anywhere with fewer worries
- You can also use a tire inflator, which can be helpful while going on long routes.
- Among all the adaptors, this looks more decent in car or home.
- There is a single output socket which might not feel enough for your need.
9. Foval Power Inverter USB Car Charger
When it comes to Foval power inverter, this product will provide two power sockets for the use of laptop charging, TV, and other electronic devices. You can also use the smart USB ports for phone charging. On the hand of safety, this inverter is safe with FCC authentication and also have a 40-amp fuse for more protection. This fuse protects from over-voltage charging and short circuits.
Meanwhile, having this compact size means easier usability. It is easy to place under your car seat, installing it inside the glove box and other places. Apparently, the metal housing of this inverter for your car seems durable at the same time. The only problem is, it has a limited number of reviews, and none of them ensures the power supply.
- It is one of the compact and easy to store invertor of choice to fulfill the need easily.
- It has a metal housing that is sturdy and highly durable, and you can expect better durability.
- Cooling fan works effectively and pulls out the maximum amount of air for effective cooling.
- There are two USB ports and two sockets for better convenience during the long use.
- The power supply from the main sockets fluctuates sometimes.
10. Fantasi Car Power Inverter
In case you want a 150W DC conversion into 110V AC power, then going with the purchase of the Fantasi car power interior feels way more genuine for the price point. There is no doubt that it is easy to choose products available for quite an affordable price point, and it has all the important ports.
You are getting one power socket, two USB ports, and more. It is capable of cooling down effectively, and you won’t have to worry about the power supply. The size is compact, and the build is sturdy at the same time. All these things ensure better use. However, the only con is, it doesn’t connect properly if the battery is not powerful enough.
- The build is durable as the metal casing is sturdy and highly reliable to go after.
- The design is simple, compact, and enhances usability for sure.
- There are no redundant ports, so the price also seems affordable here.
- The wire is long and good enough to last years without any problem.
- There are few negative reviews about the cable not working properly or getting loose after a while.
How To Choose The Best Power Inverter For Your Car
While you are on a journey to figure out the best power inverter for your car, it is important that you should stay selective and evaluate the key aspects. Here, we made a list of some important aspects that you can look after and figure out some of the best products with ease. Let’s begin by checking out the most important aspects –
- Reputed Manufacturer
A well-liked manufacturer of power inverter feels way more reliable and easier to prefer over the other brands. The brand credibility ensures a great value for money deal, and you can expect better after-sale services in case of having any trouble with the product. This is the major reason that most of the people prefer reputed brands. This is the key factor we decided while making this list. The market is full of cheap quality products with no brand labeled on them, and choosing such a brand seems tricky as well as less authentic.
- Number of ports
For normal use, everyone needs at least one socket option to plug-in their laptop charger or anything they want. If you are going for a brand that provides two ports, then you can expect a versatile use which will be fulfilling the need in an effective manner. Meanwhile, paying close attention to the USB ports can also help. Some brands provide two USB ports to directly charge your smartphone at higher voltage like 10v or more. There is nothing better than having USB ports and two plug-in sockets.
- Power Supply
A good quality power inverter is capable of converting 150v DC power into 110v, and it is standard power supply required by most of the devices in America. Most products claim to provide such a good power supply, but are they truly offering such power. To check it, you can consider reviews mainly.
- Compact and Lightweight
The weight is not a major issue, but if you get an inverter that feels compact and lesser in weight, you can expect better usability. There is nothing to worry about the power supply, and you can get better use for sure. Compact power inverters are easy to fit under your car seats, in the glove box area, or any other place you want. If you want to use it to charge your laptop or connect any other device, there will be no problem regarding the use, which can provide excellent value for the money you spent so far.
Except for the fact that you are going for an affordable product, have you considered the warranty section? Does this product offer any specific warranty period? Or, do you know how god their after-sale services are? These are a few questions to consider because a good product always provides six months of warranty at least. A warranty period helps you expect better value for money, and if you find any issue in the first six months of purchase, you can easily claim. This is always an important factor, and you should not avoid it.
Deciding a good budget before the purchase of a power inverter is important. You can find a range of devices available from $30 to $300. You have to understand the need and use so that you can decide on a budget. Sticking to the budget will allow you to sort out the best products and not to get confused, which always help whenever you are shopping for uncertain devices like a power inverter.
- Customer Feedback
When everything seems typical, and you feel confused about whether a product is durable or not, checking customer feedback can help. Considering the rating is not a great choice always, but reviews help to obtain details about durability, effective working, and other flaws also. You can ensure whether a power inverter will be compatible for your specific need or not. If feedbacks aren’t enough, then you can take suggestions from experts and learn whether a product is better to consider or not.
Car Power Inverter Frequently Asked Questions
- I have read somewhere that using car power inverters could harm the car? is it true?
Yes, using a car power inverter could harm the battery. However, the level of damage could depend on how you use it. Top brands offer car power inverters with specific instructions and how to use and what to avoid. If you follow the instruction and use a car power inverter in the right way the damage/harm done would be negligible. Therefore, if you are planning to purchase and use a car power inverter, then consider purchasing one from a reputed brand and also to follow every instruction and use it the right way.
- A 600-watts car power inverter is suitable for using a laptop, printer, and coffee maker?
Yes, as far as we know, people who use a 600-watts car power inverter are satisfied as they could use their laptop, printer, coffee maker, etc. on their car using this inverter. However, the maximum time these devices could run depends on the model of the device and their power consumption.
- Does a car power inverter have to be hardwired directly to the car battery?
The power source connection of a car power inverter could vary based on the car power inverter itself. Most commonly, car power inverters with a power rating below 150-watts could be plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. Any car power inverter with a power rating above this should be hardwired to the car battery as a cigarette lighter socket might not be able to support such a power rating.
- Is it possible to use portable refrigerators in my van if I use a power inverter?
It is not possible to answer this question without specific details. What type of van, specification of the battery, a model of the refrigerator, etc. however, in general terms, it will not be possible in regular automobiles. One of the reasons is that refrigerators require 3 to 4 times more than their rated power and to support such power demand, the power inverter should be efficient and powerful. Such powerful power inverters require large batteries if you are asking this question because you have seen refrigerators in luxurious vehicles. In luxurious vehicles, the capacity of the battery would be large or there could be a dedicated battery for such appliances. You must remember, automobile alternators could recharge the battery to a limited extend only. Too much power usage could damage the battery and the alternator.
- Is it okay to use a car power inverter if the car engine is switched off?
Yes, it is okay to use power inverters when the car is switched off. However, if the power consumption should not exceed a specific limit. If the car battery falls below 11.5 volts, the engine ignition would not be possible. So, we recommend that you turn the engine on every 1 or 1.5 hours. Such a routine while using the power inverter could recharge the battery and prevent the voltage from dropping below 11.5.
A reliable power inverter has three key traits, which are perfect compatibility, compact design, and safe voltage conversion. Meanwhile, the selection part is always typical, and ensuring durability can confuse anyone. Due to this, our list of ten great power inverter for a car in 2020 is going to help in an effective manner.
You can take a look at the buying guide to narrow down the list and figure out a credible product of choice. Make sure that you check fast charging, and such other features to avoid facing any problem later. We hope that this guidepost will land a hand, evaluating the key features, and choosing a suitable product.