Are you not fed up with taking your car to the car wash regularly? If yes, then you should consider purchasing a pressure washer for yourself. Pressure washers are generally used to wash vehicles/cars. With the use of pressure washers, one can easily get rid of all types of dust, stains, and grimes that stick to our cars while driving. A pressure washer is a time-consuming equipment to clean your car within minutes. Yes, you heard it right! You can clean your car within a few minutes with the use of pressure washers. Washing off the car helps in retaining the integrity of the car. Pressure washers are not only able to clean the cars, trucks, RTVs, and SUVs but can also be used to clean other things, including the pools, animal houses, outdoor furniture, etc. They are specifically made to turn your job easier and quicker.
You might be aware of the stubbornness of the dirt and grimes. We suggest you buy a good pressure washer for the money that will help you remove such stubborn dirt effectively. With an immense variety of products available in the market, choosing a single good product may become quite tedious. Do not worry; we have short-listed some of the best pressure washers available on the market. Also, we have included the positives and negatives of each product to ease your task. And we have also mentioned the essential pointers that are needed to be kept in mind while purchasing the pressure washers. Go ahead and read this article thoroughly.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Car Wash Pressure Washers
- 1. Sun Joe 14.5 Amp Electric Pressure Washer
- 2. Greenworks Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer
- 3. Stanley SHP2150 Electric Pressure Washer
- 4. PAXCESS Electric Pressure Washer
- 5. Generac 7954 Pressure Washer
- 6. CHAKOR Pressure Washer For Car Detailing
- 7. Suyncll Electric Pressure Washer For Car Detailing
- 8. TEANDE 3800PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- 9. Homdox Pressure Washer For Car
- 10. Mrliance 3500PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- How To Choose The Best Pressure Washer For Car
- Car Pressure Washing Dos and Don’ts
- Pressure Washer Frequently Asked Questions
Best Buy Car Wash Pressure Washers
1. Sun Joe 14.5 Amp Electric Pressure Washer
The Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 Electric pressure washer took the top spot on our list of the best pressure washers for car detailing. As the name suggests, it is a kind of electric pressure washer, which consumes the power of 1800 Watts. This product is highly recommended which can be used regularly to wash cars at home. This pressure washer comes equipped with five different quick-connect spray tips that can be used to perform light, medium to heavy-duty cleaning jobs. It has a combination of black and green colors. What we liked the most about this product is that it has a 20 feet long hose, which is perfect for easy and quick storage and clean-up.
Other than that, the pressure washer has a powerful motor that generates around 2030 PSI per unit and a 1.76 GPM water flow, which is sufficient for powerful cleaning. Its pressure range takes it into the list of high-pressure washers. With the help of this pressure washer, washing your car will become easier and more convenient for everyone. There is also a provision of an automatic total stop system, which turns the pump off in the absence of a trigger. This will save a lot of your energy and will also extend the life of the pump. With a price tag of around $150, it doesn’t come cheap, but the ease of setup, as well as the quality associated with the brand, justifies that price.
- The pressure washer is very easy to assemble.
- Its durability is commendable.
- The pricing of the product is worth its quality.
- The customer care service is poor.
2. Greenworks Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer
The Greenworks 1500 PSI Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure washer took the runner-up spot on our list of the best pressure washers. One of the notable features of this pressure washer is that it can be used both horizontally and vertically to obtain greater stability during usage. We genuinely like the soap applicator of this product, which is there to efficiently apply the soap to clean various surfaces of the car. Plus, there is a high-pressure hose present in this pressure washer, which is 20 feet in length. This pressure washer is one of those products that provide all the innovative and powerful features without causing a burden to your pocket.
Sadly, this pressure washer offers a water flow of 1. GPM, which may not be sufficient for someone who is looking for a higher rate of flow. Although, on the brighter side, you will at least not be worrying about the water bills. Moreover, the product comes along with two quick-connect tips (25 and 40 inches in size). Those tips can be used in various cleaning applications. Those who purchased and reviewed this pressure washer appreciated that it was sturdy, easy to set up, and efficient in cleaning the nasty car stains. There were a few people who felt that the pressure was not as great as they had hoped for, but the majority of buyers were happy with the quality.
- The pressure washer is easy to install and use.
- It comes with a 35 feet long power cord for a better reach.
- Soap applicator feature is appreciable.
- According to a few customers, the pressure washer stops working after a few uses.
3. Stanley SHP2150 Electric Pressure Washer
The Stanley SHP2150 is an excellent choice for those who are looking for electric pressure washers. It boasts a 25 feet long high-pressure hose. Many people around the country have bought this product, and most of them have good things to say about the product. Additionally, a 2-year warranty is what attracts the buyers the most. One of the most exclusive features of this pressure washer is the detergent bottle feature. It will aid in cleaning some of the toughest and deepest stains. This pressure washer is perfect for cleaning trucks, ATVs, RVs, and cars. Apart from that, you can also use this pressure washer to clean the pools, animal cages, outdoor furniture, and many other things.
This machine comes along with a pressure washer wand, detergent tank, pressure washer gun, 25 feet hose, an O-ring replacement kit, and four nozzles for quick connection. All the above attachments enable you to wash your car simply yet effectively. Plus, it comes equipped with a brass grade adapter for hose and a telescoping handle. Besides everything, the Stanley SHP2150 Electric pressure washer is incredibly elegant and eye-catching. Once you purchase this product, there is no way to turn back.
- The washer comes along with a foam cannon.
- It is very easy to set up.
- The packaging is appreciative.
- It cleans the surfaces effectively.
- The durability of the product is not very good.
4. PAXCESS Electric Pressure Washer
We could not stop ourselves from mentioning this pressure washer on our list of best pressure washers. It is brought by the company PAXCESS and is one of the well-designed pressure washers available in the market. The black and orange design of this product is what makes it more attractive than it already is. Additionally, the pressure provided by this pressure washer is 2150 PSI per 1.85 GPM. It is an electric pressure washer that only consumes 1800 watts of power. This is not too much for a car washer. Using this pressure washer, you can easily and quickly blast away the stubborn grime and dirt present on various surfaces of the car. One of the notable things about this washer is that it comes along with a very long 26 feet hose, which is more than enough. The nozzles are adjustable to ease the work of its users. And to improve the cleaning capacity, you can add detergent in the soap tank that comes equipped with the pressure washer. Another crucial feature of this product is its TSS (Total Stop System). This system helps the pump to shut off whenever the trigger is not engaged automatically. The same system helps in saving a lot of energy.
- The pressure washer has high maneuverability.
- It has an incredible and attractive design.
- It offers a very high pressure of 2150 PSI.
- The pricing of this product is reasonable.
- A few customers complained that their washer broke after several uses.
5. Generac 7954 Pressure Washer
Next up, we have added the Generac 7954 Pressure washer on our list of best pressure washers. It is one of those products that immediately attract buyers through its design and construction. This is the most stylish pressure washer present on our list. Additionally, it offers a very high 2900 PSI pressure, which effectively eliminates the dirt build up that happens mostly during the rainy season. For increased comfort and reduced fatigue, this pressure washer is equipped with an easy-to-pull trigger. This product also consists of an ergonomic spray gun that is cushioned for easy and tight gripping. There are three types of nozzles tips 0, 25, and 40 inches. All these three tips increase the versatility of the product. To provide maximum convenience to the users, the manufacturer has perfectly balanced the pump and engine over the axle. Those who purchased this product appreciated that it was very easy to use quick to assemble. People noticed that this pressure washer comes in good packaging and work efficiently than most of the other washers available at the market price. Moreover, excellent body construction is what enhances the overall functionality of this pressure washer.
- The pressure generation capacity of this product is so huge that it suffices the needs of multiple cars.
- This pressure washer has perfect mobility.
- It provides comfort to the user holding it.
- According to some customers, the frame design is poor.
6. CHAKOR Pressure Washer For Car Detailing
If you are looking to purchasing a very highly pressured car washer, then this is the right choice for you. This pressure washer generates a pressure of around 3500 PSI by 1800 watt motor. Plus, it offers a water flow rate of 2.0 GPM, which is appreciable. This ensures a high scrubbing power and maximum cleaning. The CHAKOR pressure washer is an extremely versatile product that is available in three finishes. These finishes are- Blue, Green, and Orange. One of the best features of this pressure washer is that it comes along with a huge wheel, which allows the user to carry the washer wherever he/she wants to. Additionally, the provision of four quick-connect interchangeable nozzles adds versatility to the product. Therefore, you can use this washer to fight light, medium, and heavy cleaning works. You can even add detergent into this pressure washer to increase the efficiency of cleaning. This product comes with a 33 feet power extension cord that increases the maneuverability of the product. The product manufacturer provides a guide to help customers. The guide explains the technique of assembling the pressure washer. By all means, this product is a must buy. It will fulfill all your car washing needs without any issues.
- The product is easy to put together.
- It is an eco-friendly alternative to the gasoline-powered pressure washer.
- The pressure washer makes a little noise.
- Some customers said that the washer does not generate the same amount of pressure that has been advertised in the product description.
7. Suyncll Electric Pressure Washer For Car Detailing
In the seventh position, we have added the Suyncll high power electric pressure washer for our readers. This is a 3800 PSI pressure washer that comes at a very cost-effective price. There are two color variants of this product- blue and green. You choose whichever color you prefer. This pressure washer provides a water flow rate of 2.8 GPM, which is commendable. You will not only be able to use this washer to clean your car, but also to clean the garden, motorcycle, pool, and outer portion of your home. With the help of the Suyncll pressure washer, you can save a lot of your money and power. This washer offers an ample amount of power for most of the household tasks. Moreover, the brand provides five different types of nozzles, a spray wand, a 35 feet power cord, and a soap wand to the purchasers. This pressure washer is free from all types of water leakage and high noise problems. This washer has a provision of automatically shutting off the pump whenever it is not in use. Plus, its appealing design attracts so many buyers. Well, who would not like to carry an attractive and brilliantly designed washer?
- The pressure washer offers a soap capacity of 1.o liter.
- It generates a pressure of 3800 PSI.
- It provides a water flow rate of 2.8 GPM, which is appreciative.
- A few customers received a defective product.
8. TEANDE 3800PSI Electric Pressure Washer
While discussing pressure washers, one cannot ignore the TEANDE products. This company has been in the market for several years providing effective pressure washers to everyone. Therefore, we have added this pressure washer to our list. If you want to remove some tough stains, you would want to purchase a very high-pressure washer. We think this washer will meet your high-pressure requirements. It offers a pressure of 3800 PSI per 2.8 GPM. It is so fantastic and durable that it will last for many years in your home. The nozzles are interchangeable so that you clean different surfaces at the same time. You will also like to know that the soap bottle significantly applies thick and rich foam over a large area to loosen the grime and dirt. This will ease so much of your job, and you will require less effort during the cleaning process. One of the notable features of this pressure washer is that it possesses a built-in compartment that can be used by the users to store washer accessories.
- The pressure washer has a powerful motor.
- It consists of an in-built storage compartment for storing accessories.
- It is portable and lightweight. And hence easy to carry.
- The length of the hose is not long.
9. Homdox Pressure Washer For Car
Next up, we have the Homdox Pressure Washer for our readers. This pressure washer has a brilliant and ergonomic construction. This washer has a spray wand that is made up using stainless steel. You will notice a safety switch on this pressure washer, which has a light indicator for indicating the power of the washer. If not triggered, the pressure washer automatically switches off the pump. And hence this product is an energy-efficient and money-saving product. Plus, the wheels of the washer are easy to roll. This increases the mobility of the product. The pressure washer offers a pressure of 2000 PSI, which is perfect for light to the medium cleaning job. For a greater reach, the hose is lengthened at 6 meters. Additionally, the pistol-style grip provides a better gripping for efficient washing. This product has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Amazon, which, according to us, goes a long in convincing the readers to invest.
- The pressure washer is very easy to install and use.
- The pistol grip provides a better gripping to the users.
- It offers an effective performance to clean stubborn stains from car surfaces.
- The customer care service is not very good.
10. Mrliance 3500PSI Electric Pressure Washer
Lastly, we have the Mrliance 3500 PSI electric pressure washer of our readers. This pressure washer offers a water flow rate of 2.0 GMP, which is effective, according to us. It has a bright orange and black in color. The overall pressure generation capacity of the washer is 3500 PSI, which makes it convenient to use at home as well as in shops. You will also like the highly functional auto-shutoff feature of this product a lot. When the washer is not triggered, it will shut off the pump automatically. This provision is there in the pressure washer so that the motor never gets overloaded. Additionally, this washer has greater durability. Therefore, you will be able to use this pressure washer for a longer period without any issue or need for replacement. Always be sure that you never use hot water in this washer. Otherwise, you will end up damaging the washer. We also like the attractive and sleek design of this product that does not look rough from any angle.
- The pressure washer has a 2.0 GMP water flow rate.
- You can use it regularly to wash your car at the convenience of your home.
- The washing process is very easy and effective.
- The pressure washer is quite a week and easy-to-split.
How To Choose The Best Pressure Washer For Car
Along with the list of the best products, there is one more thing that you should be looking forward to knowing. And that is the buying guide. The buying guide will help you purchase the most brilliantly constructed pressure washer, but it will also help you ignore the products that are not meant for you. Read this buying guide to inform yourself about the points that are needed to be kept in mind while purchasing the pressure washer for your car. First of all, we will explain the various types of pressure washers and then important pointers. Let us start.
→ 1. Types of Car Pressure Washers
Diesel Engine Pressure Washer: This type of pressure washers are suitable for medium to heavy-duty works. Diesel engine pressure washers depend upon diesel to fuel its pump. Such type of pressure washer generates fumes, and hence it is not suitable for indoor purposes. Diesel engine pressure washers come in a variety of sizes:
Hydraulic Pressure washer: This type of pressure washers are compact, lightweight, and quiet. Such washers make the use of a hydraulic mechanism for generating energy. So, it does not require electricity or fuel for its operation. For the same reason, such pressure washers are considered environmental-friendly and are used best for commercial purposes.
Electric Motor Pressure Washers: The electric motor pressure washers need an electric outlet or power generator for operation. Such pressure washers are suitable for light, medium to heavy-duty tasks.
Gasoline Engine Pressure Washers: These pressure washers share a similarity of design with the diesel engine pressure washers. Such washers utilize gas as a major source of fuel for powering its pump function. They are suitable to be used from medium to heavy-duty cleaning works. Since these washers generate fumes, they are not suitable to be used indoors. If you clean your car outdoors, then this pressure washer is perfect for you.
→ 2. Considering the Cost
The cost of Car pressure washer varies a lot. Many companies have regularly launched Car Pressure Washers in the market. These companies decide the cost of their products as per their needs and convenience. Hence, you will see a lot of differences in their pricing. No matter what, they are all very good and can be used regularly with ease. Car Pressure washers are usually available in a range from $100 to above $200. You can choose a product according to your budget.
→ 3. Nozzle
While purchasing the pressure washer for your car, consider the size of its nozzle. The amount of water that comes out of the spray gun depends largely upon the size of the pressure washer’s nozzle. If you have a light cleaning task, then a narrow nozzle will work okay for you, but if you want to remove some of the toughest stains, then a wide and powerful nozzle spray will suit you the best. However, we suggest our readers purchase a pressure washer that comes with an adaptable nozzle. This is because sometimes, a powerful nozzle adversely damages some of the car parts. An adaptable nozzle will let you adjust the spray’s width according to your cleaning job requirements.
→ 4. Hose Length
Another important point to keep in mind while purchasing a pressure washer is its hose length. A usual and perfect length of the hose is around 25 feet. Anything more will cause inconvenience while moving around with the pressure washer. If the hose reel is too short, it will knock-down the pressure washer. Therefore, always choose the pressure washer with an appropriate hose length.
→ 5. Detergent/Soap Tank
Some pressure washers lack the detergent tanks. However, a pressure washer with a detergent tank will not only help eliminate the stains easily but also do your work easily and save a lot of your time.
→ 6. Power Source
Car pressure washers with electric motors are considered best because every home carries the electric outlet. Plus, the electric pressure washers deliver a pressure of 2,000 PSI, which is considered ideal for washing the cars. If you want a higher PSI, then you can go for engine pressure washers. Engine pressure washers can even eliminate the old paints from your vehicle.
Car Pressure Washing Dos and Don’ts
Cleaning your car using a pressure washer is one of the most effective methods out there. But you should do it in the right way to get the desired results. Also, you should avoid some mistakes while pressure washing your car. Here are the dos and don’ts that you should follow when pressure washing your car.
- Check and ensure that the brush that you use for cleaning your car is in proper condition and will not damage the paint of your car. Sometimes a stiff-bristled brush can be more dangerous than a pressure washer and damage the paint.
- Use a detergent that is designed for cleaning auto parts. The detergent should be ideal for your car as well as the pressure washer that you are using.
- Ensure that the doors and windows of your car are closed before washing the car with a pressure washer.
- Rinse the brushes and sponges that you use for cleaning your car regularly. This will prevent scratches and damages to your car paint.
- Make sure that there are no breakable or small items in your work location while washing your car. This way, you can keep things from breaking due to lots of pressure.
- In case there is any electronics item in the exterior of your car, you should unplug them and cover them properly. If possible, you should remove them to prevent damage.
- In the beginning, you should keep the pressure setting of the pressure washer at the lowest. Then you should increase the pressure of the tool gradually.
- If you accidentally point the head of your pressure washer towards your feet, you will feel intense pain. So, make sure to cover your feet with closed-toe shoes while washing your car to keep your feet safe.
- While using a commercial pressure washer to wash your car, you shouldn’t increase the pressure of the pressure washer as it can damage the paint of your car.
- Don’t wash your car in a place where small stones are available. If you do so, the stones will bounce on your car’s surface and damage the paint.
- Don’t start the pressure washer until the detergents are properly mixed. Otherwise, the solution may not spread properly on your car’s surface.
- You shouldn’t be careless when using a power washer to clean your car. It is a very powerful tool and can cause severe damage if you lose your focus while using it.
- Don’t use hot water for washing your car.
- Make sure that you are not cleaning the car from bottom to up. You should always wash your car from top to bottom.
- When spraying the detergent water on your car, you shouldn’t spray on one portion for a long time. This way, you will damage the paint of your car. So, you should always move your hand constantly to spray on the car without causing any damage.
- You shouldn’t use the pressure washer to wash the engine and other parts under the hood. The pressure of this tool will damage these parts.
Pressure Washer Frequently Asked Questions
- Can hot water damage the washer?
The pressure washers,especially the hot water pressure washers are meant to handle the hot water.And normally, the hot water is considered as a better choice to go with if you are using them for the winter car washing. So, be worry-free to use the hot water supply for the pressure washer and get rid of the dirt more easily and effectively. So, regardless of the water you are using, the pressure washers can help you get a perfectly cleaned car in a few minutes.
- Can pressure damage the clear coat of the vehicle?
It may seem that the clear coat can be damaged by the high pressure of the pressure washer. However, if you have set the pressure correctly, then you shoul dnot worry about this. The perfect pressure will not only help you get rid of tough dirt and spots. So, just make sure that you have the right pressure settings, and your car will shine like a new one. The amazing performance and easy usability make the pressure washing the best and most reliable way to clean the vehicles with the least efforts.
- My pressure washer is not working as efficiently as before. What can be the reason?
There can be numerous reasons behind the performance difference of the pressure washer. Some of the most common ones are the wrong connection and the clogged nozzles. If you are experiencing the pressure issues, you should check the pressure washer for these two. Also, you can opt for the professional help, if you have chosen the good quality pressure washer from are liable brand.
- What are GPM and PSI?
In the simplest words, the GPM stands for the water flow rate and the PSI stands for the pressure. And for the flawless pressure washing, both these factors play an important role. Better water flow and perfect pressure to clean the deeply set dirt can help you get the best performance and usability. So, make sure that you keep both of these points in mind for choosing the right pressure washer for your car.
- Are they worth buying for car washing?
If you were looking or a perfect way to wash the car and want to have pro-level cleaning at home, the pressure washer is the best way to achieve this. The pressure washing not only cleans the dirt but also offers several other options that can help you achieve the perfect cleaning without making too many efforts. Also, the car pressure washers are available in a wide range and from various brands. So, you can easily choose the perfect one for yourself according to your needs and budget.
- My pressure washer stopped suddenly. What could be the reason?
This can be caused due to connection issues. Check the connection and the sockets well. In case they are okay, you should try reconnecting a few times before contacting the professional help. You can completely rely on the customer care center of the pressure washer to get the most accurate solution to your problem.
The demand for pressure washers is increasing day by day. This could be because people nowadays prefer washing cars on their own. We have seen many people struggling to choose the right pressure washer for regular use in their homes. Therefore, we have provided a list of the top ten car pressure washers available on the USA market. All the car pressure washers on our list have excellent quality and unique features. You should select the washer that has all the things you are searching for. However, if you are struggling, you can refer to the buying guide that we have attached at the bottom of the list.