The appearance or look of your car can dull with time. That can be due to some scratches, dents, or other things. When you try to get them fixed, the paint on the surface of the car can be disturbed, and that makes your car look odd. Along with that, sometimes, the paint color becomes dull due to the harsh UV rays of the sun. Whatever is the reason the car’s paint is not perfect, then your vehicle is not going to look perfect. It is the paint of the car that makes your car will unique and attractive. Car painting is going to cost you high when you are taking the help of professionals. If you wish to repaint your entire car, you can go for the help of the professionals, but if you are going for just touch-ups near dents and scratches, then it will be a waste of money. One of the best ways to handle this problem is by doing it yourself. Painting small areas of the car is not going to take a lot of time or is not a tough job as well. If you wish to make the task simpler, then go for Spray paint for cars. You will be able to find two types of spray paints for cars like the spray guns, and the other one is the aerosol cans that are commonly used. You can pick any of them, but aerosol cans are the best and cheaper option.
These spray cans can be used on car exterior and interior as well. Depending on the purpose, you will have to pick a spray paint can. They are different for interior and exterior. But do you know which is the best spray paint for the car? Did you buy spray paints in the past? If you have never bought it in the past, it will be a tough job for you to choose the spray paint for your car. Few things make this job tough. One of that you have no idea about what to look for when buying spray paint, and the second point is so many options in the market are always confusing for you. This article will solve both the problems and help you pick the right quality spray paint for your car. We have made a list of top ten spray paints for cars and also a small buying guide. This buying guide has information about the essential points to consider when choosing the best option. So, let us get started…
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Spray Paint For Cars Reviews
- 1. Dupli-Color High-Performance Vinyl and Fabric Spray
- 2. Spraymax 3680061 2K Clear Spray Paint
- 3. Rust-Oleum Engine Enamel Spray
- 4. Plasti Dip Performix 11604-6 Blue
- 5. POR-15 45918 Top Coat Chassis Black Spray Paint
- 6. Chemical Guys Air Spray Black On Black Instant Shine
- 7. VHT ESP186007 Chevy Rally Silver Wheel Paint Can
- 8. CRC All-Purpose Enamel Spray Paint
- 9. Moeller Engine Spray Paint
- 10. OEM Mercury Precision Care Spray Paint
- How To Pick The Best Spray Paint For Your Cars
- Car Spray Paint Frequently Asked Questions
Best Buy Spray Paint For Cars Reviews
Here is the list of the best spray paint for the cars…
1. Dupli-Color High-Performance Vinyl and Fabric Spray
If you are looking for the best brand of spray paints for your car or your car interiors, then you can trust Dupli-Color. It is in the market for 60 years, and it understands the requirements of your car, better than you. We have Dupli-Color High-Performance Vinyl and Fabric Spray, which is suitable for vinyl car seats, door panels, dashboards, consoles, and shifter boots of the car. It is flat black spray paint. It is a perfect product to add touch-ups for your car and the interior of the car. It is available in a spray can of 11 oz. All the colors that they manufacture are tested by the car made and approved. So, you need not have to worry about the car. You can just spray the paint direct, and there is no need for any primer application. It does not crack, peel, or flake even after days of application. The best part about this spray paint is it will dry up in less than one hour. That means you can start using your car in one hour of application. This is a very simple way to get your car interior shining.
- It is good for application on the interior parts of the car.
- It is available in 11 oz spray can.
- It is in the market for 60 years.
- It dries up in just 30 minutes to one hour.
- You need to apply more than two coatings to get the desired results.
=> Check This Also: 10 Best Spray Wax For Cars
2. Spraymax 3680061 2K Clear Spray Paint
Next, on the list, we have Spraymax 3680061 2K Clear Spray Paint. If you are looking for a clear coat for your car, this is the best choice for the market. You will be able to see the fantastic results of the paint once it dries up. The best point about the spray paints is they are easy to apply. You just need to take the spray can and shake it well. Once you are done, just spray it on the area where you wish to apply. It will dry faster and will also give you a long-lasting and glossy finish. You will be able to see spray gun-like results with the help of a simple spray can. You will be able to protect the surface of the car from harmful chemicals and also the harmful UV rays. Before you apply the spray paint, it is important to prepare the car for paint by applying the primer. For small touch-ups, you need not have to spend too much money at the car workshop. This is an affordable option and is easily available for you.
- One of the best clear coat paints available in the market.
- The process is application is simple.
- It dries up fast.
- You will get high gloss finish like a spray gun.
- The smell can be strong for people with a sensitive nose.
3. Rust-Oleum Engine Enamel Spray
If you are looking for a paint that can make your car engine look great, then Rust-Oleum Engine Enamel Spray is a great choice. It is used more on the engines and tyre. It is available in different colors like Black, Orange, Clear, Ford Red, Ford Blue, Aluminum, and Green. So, based on the surface where you are going to apply or based on the car’s color, you will have to make the right choice. It is available in a spray can of 12 oz. You will be able to enjoy a smooth and glossy finish after you are done with the painting. The paint is long-lasting and highly durable, and that is the reason why it is one of the best selling products in the market. This product is manufactured in the United States. It can resist salt, rust, grease, gas, oil, solvents, and humidity as well. The easy nozzle spray tip makes it easy for you to spray the paint on the target area without having to mess up with the rest of the car. It is going to dry faster, but make sure that you are not using the car until it is completely dry.
- It is good to paint for car engines.
- It is available in almost all industry-standard colors.
- It is available in a spray can of 12 oz.
- It is easy to spray and gives a glossy look.
- The spray can tip clogs after some time of use.
4. Plasti Dip Performix 11604-6 Blue
If you wish to protect the interior parts of the car, then Plasti Dip Performix 11604-6 Blue is a good choice. It will protect the coated surface from moisture, corrosion, acids, and from slipping. It is available in two different colors – Blue and Yellow. You can choose a color that is suitable for your needs. You can apply this Plasti Dip by dipping the object into the paint by spraying or with the help of a brush as well. The Dip that you apply is going to be flexible and also highly-durable as well. It will not break or crack even in extreme weather conditions like extreme heat. It is proven to be good between 30 degrees F to 200 degrees F. You should leave it to dry for at least 30 minutes to 40 minutes. But it is always good if you can allow it to dry for 24 hours for better results. It is available in two different forms, you can remove it when you don’t need it or use a permanent coat as well. It is quite easy to use.
- It protects the coated surface from acids, corrosion, and moisture as well.
- It can be applied by spraying or with the help of the brush.
- It can withstand heat up to 200 degrees F.
- It can dry in 30 to 40 minutes.
- It does not crack or break.
- The remaining paint in the can dry out fast when you open it once.
5. POR-15 45918 Top Coat Chassis Black Spray Paint
POR-15 45918 Top Coat Chassis Black Spray Paint is a good choice if you want to protect your vehicle from corrosion or rust. It is available in many different colors like Black, White, Clear, Gray, Silver, Red Oxide, Safety Green, Safety Blue, Safety Yellow, Safety Red, and Safety Orange. You can now pick a color that you need. This paint can be used on any metal surface. It is direct to metal paint, and it can be applied in any way that you wish. You can spray it using the spraying gun, or you can use the brush for painting. The paint is going to protect the painted surface from UV rays and also from other weather conditions. You can even apply it previously painted surface as well. There is no need for a primer or an undercoat for this paint. It is available in a bottle of 15 fl oz, and it gives an excellent finish to the metal surface that you paint. It can be used on the car’s outer surface or the chassis of the car as well. Make sure that you let the painted surface dry well before you start using it.
- It is available in many different colors.
- It can be applied to the metal surface directly.
- You don’t need an undercoat or primer before applying the paint.
- It is available in a bottle of 15 fl oz.
- It is not grease or oil resistant.
6. Chemical Guys Air Spray Black On Black Instant Shine
Are your tyres looking dull? If you wish to restore that black shine to the tyres or trims, you should get Chemical Guys Air Spray Black On Black Instant Shine. It is one of the simplest and best ways to do this. It is available in the form of 15.2 ounces Aerosol spray bottle. You will be able to complete the painting job in just 30 seconds and nothing more than that. You can enjoy a high shiny gloss look, and it is a non-greasy formula. It is going to protect your car paint from UV rays and other weather conditions. It is an oil-based formula, and hence it will spread faster and gives you quick results. It is an anti-static agent, and that can help in repelling dirt and dust. All the trim pieces will remain clean and clear for a long time. You will be able to see some fantastic results in just a few minutes, and this is something that many people like about this product. Not only on the metal surfaces, but you can also use it on rubber and plastic materials as well. So, it is the easiest and fastest way to paint your car exterior and interior.
- It is available in the form of an Aerosol spray bottle.
- It is a 15.2 ounces bottle.
- It can protect from UV rays.
- It is an anti-static agent and keeps the dust and dirt away from the trim pieces.
- The paint coating does not last for a long time.
7. VHT ESP186007 Chevy Rally Silver Wheel Paint Can
Now here is a fantastic option to paint your car wheels with the help of VHT ESP186007 Chevy Rally Silver Wheel Paint Can. It is available in different colors like Silver, Matte Clear, Gloss Clear, Aluminum, Satin Black, Gloss Black, and Graphite. You get this spray bottle in 11 oz can. This paint is manufactured for aluminum and steel paints. It can be resistant to high temperatures and chemicals as well. It works well and looks just perfect when painted on a primer coating. When you paint it properly, it will be able to coat the surface well and withstand up to 900 degrees F. It will take only 30 minutes for drying, and thorough drying will take overnight. You can apply this paint for steel wheels, center caps, wheel covers, aluminum wheels, etc. You will get the complete set of instructions on the spray can. You will not have any problems like chipping, fading, and cracking. So, this is one of the best and most affordable options that are available in the market for you. Make sure that you are spraying the paint on all the required areas for better protection.
- It is available in five different colors.
- It comes in 11 oz can.
- It can withstand temperature up to 900 degrees F.
- It can be used on steel wheels, center caps, wheel covers, and aluminum wheels.
- The nozzle of the spray can gets clogged after some time of use.
8. CRC All-Purpose Enamel Spray Paint
Here is Enamel paint, CRC All-Purpose Enamel Spray Paint, for protecting your cars. It is available in 10 oz spray can and in black color only. It can be used on any metal surface to protect it from corrosion, solvents, and abrasion. There will not be any problem with peeling or chipping after you apply the spray paint. It will not take more than 10 to 30 minutes to dry, but for it to dry fully, you will have to leave it for at least one hour. This enamel formula offers durability, gloss, and flexibility to the paint that you apply. You will have to make sure that there is no rust or dust on the surface of the area that you are going to paint. If you do not paint it well, then you may have to face the problem. You can now paint all the scratches, dents with the help of this spray paint can. You should first shake the can well before you start applying the paint. It will last for a very long time, so you need not have to worry about the paint’s durability.
- It can be applied on any metal surface.
- It takes only 10 to 30 minutes for drying.
- It gives a glossy finish to your dull car surfaces.
- It is a highly durable product.
- The nozzle of the paint gets clogged easily.
9. Moeller Engine Spray Paint
Available in three different colors, here is Moeller Engine Spray Paint, another good option for your cars. It is a corrosion-resistant and professional-grade paint that can keep your metal surfaces safe. A barrier will be built on the surface, and that does not let the rust to form on the engine or car surface. It is available in black, silver, and gray or blue colors. The capacity of the spray can is 12 oz, and hence you can use it for after dent painting or touch-ups on the car. It can withstand high heat and is also solvent resistant. It dries up quickly and thus makes it possible for you to use the car in just no time. For the best results, you will have to make sure that you are leaving the paint overnight. It is usually used for painting the car engine because that will have to withstand all the heat inside the car. It is even oil and gasoline resistant, and that makes it one of the best products available in the market. The price of spray paint is very affordable.
- It is a professional-grade paint.
- The paint gives protection to the painted surface.
- It comes in a 12 oz paint can.
- It is available in three different colors.
- It can withstand heat and solvent resistance as well.
- It will dry up faster.
- No cons so far
10. OEM Mercury Precision Care Spray Paint
Here is high gloss finish paint, OEM Mercury Precision Care Spray Paint. It is available in a black spray can and is a highly durable paint finish. When you are using the paint, make sure that the surface that you wish to paint is clean, and there is no dust. You need to shake the paint can well before you use it. You will be able to cover all the areas like a spray gun. The high gloss finish will make the car look like a professionally painted car. It comes in a 12 oz spray paint can. It will dry fast, and that makes it a good product. If you wish to apply more than one coat, then sanding between every two coats is very important. Your engine and motors will start looking like brand new after you start using this spray paint.
- The paint is highly durable.
- It is available in black color.
- It comes in a 12 oz spray can.
- It can dry faster.
- The paint gives a high glossy look to the surface painted using the paint.
- The smell of the paint is a major problem.
How To Pick The Best Spray Paint For Your Cars
Are you still unable to decide on which is the best spray paint for your cars? Then you need not have to worry at all. We can still help you pick the best product for your car. Here is a buying guide, and in this guide, we have some important parameters that you need to consider when choosing spray paint can. It gets easy for you to pick this way. So, here is our buying guide.
- Type of paint
It is one of the most important and tough things to decide, but depending on your needs, you will have to pick the right type of paint. Here we are going to look at the spray paint, which is quite good for both touch-ups and also for full body painting. It can be done by yourself, and hence you will be able to save a few bucks.
- A spray can or spray gun
You will have two different options to choose from when you are going for spray paint. One of them is a spray gun, and the other is a spray can or aerosol cans. It is very easy to go for Aerosol spray guns you just need to shake the bottle well and start painting. But with a spray gun, you need to buy the gun and then fill it with paint. Then you will be able to use the gun for spraying paint. If you are going for overall body painting, you will have to go for a spray gun, and if you are going to touch up or cover the small scratches on the surface of the car, you can go for a spray can.
- Type of finish
Do you want a showroom-like shine for your car? Usually, with one stage painting, you will be able to see a matte finish on the surface of the car. But if you want that wet-look or day-glow kind of shine, you will have to opt for two finishing stages, which gives high gloss shine.
- Durable paint
You are picking paint for your car, and it should be durable. It should not just protect the car from water or wind, but should also withstand the bugs, rocks, road grime, and other factors. It should not crack or chip after just a few days. It should last for a very long time. It all depends on the quality of the paint that you are choosing. Sometimes, high-quality paint is going to cost you high, and it is worth spending as you need not have to repaint the car for a few years again. So, always make sure that you are picking the durable and quality product.
- Drying paint
Here is another very important point that is neglected by many people. Some paints take very long to dry, and a few paints dry up super fast. It is always good to go for paint that dries up in a decent period and does not take too long.
Car Spray Paint Frequently Asked Questions
- All spray paints are the same?
No, spray paints for a car are different from regular spray paints. If you want your car to look nice and have a good finishing, then consider purchasing spray paint designed specifically for cars and not anything else.
- I have purchased a spray paint for my car recently, I know how to spray paint, but for a car, there seem to be some pre-requisite things to be done before painting, what is it?
Yes, it is true. To spray paint your car, you need to do some things first. Never, spray paint your car without doing the pre-requisite steps/things. Here are the things that you need to do. If you are going to repaint your entire car, or if you are spray painting a specific spot, then you need to do these things first.
- If there are dents, bumps, or patches, repair it first.
- Now you need to use filler if any of the dents or patches cannot be repaired.
- Use sandpaper to level the filler with the car surface
- Now using an electric orbital sander, sand the area to be painted
- Stop standing once gloss and seam are removed
- Use primer to coat the area to be painted, wait for 12-hours for the primer to dry.
- Sand the primer to smooth the inconsistencies
- Now you can spray paint your car.
- Is it okay to paint over the primer without sanding?
There is no technical issue in doing so, but, if you do so, there are higher chances there would be a lot of inconsistencies on the surface. You might not be able to get the expected finishing and look. Therefore, we recommend not to paint before you sand the primer to make it consistent.
- Spray paint is durable? or is it bad?
Spray paint is as durable as other paints, but, if you do not do it the right way. The quality and finishing could be annoying. While spray painting, you need to pay attention to every step. Do not hurry or do not try to skip any steps. While spray painting, look closer to see if the paint is well spread and if it would be enough to get the finishing you desire. If no, sand with 220-grit sandpaper and then apply a coat of paint again until you get the designed shade and finishing.
- Is there a difference between spray paint and regular paints? Shall I use regular paint to spray paint my car?
There is a difference, if you use regular paint in a spray painting machine, within 15 seconds, the nozzle would be clogged and the painting would be disrupted. On the other hand, spray paint designed for spray painting does not clog the nozzle and the user could smoothly keep on painting. Therefore, you must remember to pick only spray paint for this purpose and not regular paint.
Which spray paint from the above list do you think is the best for your car? All of the products listed above are good to go, but it is again your requirement that matters when you are picking a product. So, go through the review of each product along with the pros and cons and then decide which is the best spray paint. The paint will not just make the car look new and attractive, but will also save it from getting rusted. So, always pick the best paint for your car.