At this day and age, phones have become like a staple for people. As time goes by, our dependence on smartphones and other related devices is only increasing exponentially. We even use phones to attend meetings, listen to music, and keep our notes from the normal calling and texting feature. These have become indispensable for day to day living. We do not need to have a good road map memory because we have various map applications that will lead us to our destination. The dependence is such that we carry bulky portable chargers alongside to avoid a dead battery. With companies, due to the increasing demand, increasing the features they pack with their electronic devices, batteries exhaust pretty soon. Hence we are constantly in need of a USB charger.
There are nights when we forget to put phones on the charge, and curse ourselves the next morning. With the increase in commute time due to the ever-increasing traffic, we spend ample time in our cars to charge our phones. This is where USB chargers come in to play. They provide a perfect solution for us to charge our electronic devices at a time when we don’t have much use of it anyway, as you should avoid using your phone while driving. Be it your regular commute or a long trip; cars are perfect for charging up while you drive. Not just when your phone battery is dead, but the USB charger is also important to keep your battery percentage intact. Most of us use phones to listen to music and navigate while driving and these are battery exhausting activities, so using a USB charger helps us not exhaust our batteries. Not only that, but a USB charger can also conveniently be used to charge more than one device at a single time. This makes your life so easy.
There are plenty of chargers available in the market. Choosing the right one amongst them can be difficult for you. So I have compiled a list of 10 best USB chargers with their detailed analysis and a buying guide so that you make an informed choice when selecting your new USB charger. On the other hand if you are looking for wireless car charger check this list.
Best Buy USB Chargers For Car Reviews
Here are some of the best options for car USB chargers for 2020…
1. Anker 24W Dual USB Car Charger Adapter
Anker 24W charger is a high-speed double port charger capable of charging two devices. Besides, it also charges at a faster than normal rate. Though the adapter is not compatible with Qualcomm’s quick charge, it is equipped with advanced technology. This, in turn, helps to provide charge at the rate of 4.8 amps. It is also one of the most compact chargers you will come across in the market. Anker has made a smart choice by including an LED light on the device so that you can locate it easily in the dark. Anker has also certified the product to be safe and is capable of providing temperature control, keeping you and your devices safe.
- Anker has designed the device with PowerIQ and Voltage Boost technology. This makes charging faster.
- Anker is a very renowned name and has one of the friendliest customer care services.
- The device has something called the multi protect safety system. This, in turn, automatically triggers a switch whenever there is an issue.
- The device is pretty compact for a multiport adapter and thus does not take up too much space in the car.
- The device does not support Qualcomm’s quick charge. Hence, a few users find it inconvenient.
=> Check This Also: 10 Best Car Phone Holder
2. Maxboost Car Charger with SmartUSB Port
The next suggestion on our list is the Maxboostcar charger. The product comes with an inner layer made from polycarbonate. There is also a molding of TPU. This goes a long way in making the device durable. The company has also designed the circuit such that it protects against short circuits and overheating. The device is also able to detect the device it is charging and thereby distributes power more efficiently. The company further provides a one year warranty on its product. The charger does not support Qualcomm’s quick charge technology. The device comes in black and white color options.
- The smart USB port is able to detect the device it is charging. It thereby provides the device with optimum and efficient charging
- The intelligent circuit design prevents any chances of overheating and short circuits. Also, the product automatically stops charging when the battery is full.
- The device comes with a one year warranty.
- Customers have praised the speed at which their phones get charged.
- Customers have complained that only port supports Apple products and the other supports only Android phones. There are no markings to distinguish between them
3. RAVPower Mini Dual USB Car Adapter
If you are someone who is looking for an extremely small USB charger, this thumb-sized adapter is the right one for you. This sleek device is built with aircraft-grade aluminum alloy.Besides, it has been given a scratch-resistant look. All this helps in giving it an always-fresh look. The device comes with 2 USB ports drawing a total of 4.8 amperes combined. Though the device doesn’t support Qualcomm’s quick charge, it is designed with advanced technology.This helps to provide optimal current to the devices. The device comes only in Black color and measures only 2.2 inches in length and 0.8 ounces in weight.
- The device is the very definition of compact and is smaller than the average thumb size.
- The aircraft-grade aluminum alloy body makes the device extremely sturdy and gives it an always new look.
- The company provides an extended lifetime warranty with the product.
- The customers have also found the customer support of the company to be extremely helpful
- The device is unable to charge devices as quickly as some of its competitors do which might put off certain customers.
4. SCOSCHE USBC242M Revolt Universal Multi-Device Car Charger
This next product on our list is known for its sleek design and the variety of colors it comes in. The charger allows you to charge two devices at once. Each USB port is backlit making it easier to work with when it is dark. The low profile design does not protrude much from the port thereby reducing clutter and obstruction in the area. The company provides a 3-year warranty on the product.
- The device gives its buyers several color options and hence sets it apart from its competitors
- The backlit USB ports provide the owners with convenience to use it even in the dark.
- The device is extremely budget-friendly and is extremely efficient for the price it comes in.
- Few customers have complained that though the charger works well, it regularly loses contact with the ports. This makes it inconvenient for the owner.
5. AUKEY 36W Dual Port Quick Charge 3.0
This device is one of the most popular chargers in the market and the first one on our list that supports Qualcomm’s quick charge 3.0. The compatibility means it can charge your devices faster than the ones in the market. Since it outputs such power, the device must have certain safety measures to prevent accidental overheating and overcharging. Well, the device supports Aukey Entire protect with various safeguards. This helps to avoid some of the problems that usually arise. The company provides a 45-day money-back and 2-year product replacement warranty.
- The device is designed with adaptive charging technology.This ensures efficient battery function and improves the already great charging speeds.
- The product has multiple quick charge 3.0 compatible ports and hence you can quickly charge multiple devices simultaneously.
- The device charges your phones 4 times faster than conventional chargers and is 38% more efficient than charges with Quick Charge 2.0
- Customers have been pleased with the support they have received from the company’s back end office
- The device is not exactly budget-friendly.It is priced 50% higher than most of the competitors
6. PowerBear Car Charger
The next product on the list is the USB car charger by the brand PowerBear. This is considered to be one of the fastest car chargers in the market. The speed in which it can charge your devices is four times higher than that of some of the other brands today. The best part about the USB charger is that it is compatible with almost all the devices that you can think of. Be it an iPhone, or an android phone, this charger will be able to charge all your devices effectively. This makes your life easy and convenient. Otherwise, you would have to carry different USB chargers for different phone networks. That is so inconvenient and there are higher chances of losing products in such a scenario. Besides, there are a couple of ports. You can use these to recharge two devices-that too at high speed. Besides, the technology used is one of the best in the market. It makes the use of an adaptive smart charge. This means that the device will, by itself, check what device is that you want to recharge. Once it has detected the device, the speed in which the recharge can be done is accordingly adjusted. Besides, it is compact in size. This means that you can carry it easily from one place to another without much difficulty.
- The device is quite versatile. This means that you can use it to charge different devices.
- It makes the use of adaptive smart technology. Hence, depending on your device, the speed in which the recharge is done is adjusted.
- It is compact in size. Hence, you can carry it easily from one place to another.
- The recharging speed is four times higher than some of the other brands available in the market.
- As per a few customers, the device does not sit adequately on the charging portal. It stops recharging the device even if you move it slightly.
7. Tikalong Car Charger by Fimarr
The next product on the list of the best car chargers for 2020 is the Tikalong car charger by the brand Fimarr. The device can be used to recharge multiple devices which include iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pad Air, Pad mini, amongst several other devices. This is also portable because of its small size. The small size also means that if you have a port, you can recharge your phone anywhere you go. You are able to carry it with you easily. The makers have also made sure that you can see the ports easily even in the dark. That explains the mild LED lights that have been installed. This charger also promises a high charging speed. In fact, as per the makers, the speed is around 15 percent higher than what is expected from a normal charger. The material used is that of superior quality, making the USB charger quite durable. Apart from that, there are a couple of ports. This means that the same charger can be used to charge two devices at one single time. Another advantage of the product that helps to distinguish from some of the other brands in the market is that the makers have paid complete attention to safety. That is the reason, you are protected against short-circuiting, over-charging, or even over-heating. When the device is recharged completely, it automatically stops. The makers are quite confident about the quality of the product. That is why they offer year-long customer service.
- The USB charger can be used to charge two different devices at the same time.
- The compact size makes it portable and easy to carry.
- The advanced technology means that it is protected from short-circuiting and over-charging.
- The brand is known to have one of the best customer services in the market for USB chargers.
- As per a few customers, the end of the cord that is usually inserted inside the phone is very loose. This makes it inconvenient to use.
8. Belkin USB-C Car Charger
With its advanced technology and innovative features, the USB charger by Belkin is next on our list of the best USB chargers for 2020. The brand has been around for as many as 35 years. Hence, this has long been trusted. The USB charger does not disappoint either. The total power is around 15 watts and has one of the most advanced speeds in the market. Like some of the other products in the market, it can charge devices around 15 percent faster than a standard charger. You can conveniently use this product to charge multiple devices. This includes google pixel series of mobile phones, Samsung galaxy s10, as well as a Nintendo switch. Not only that, but this device can also effectively charge both USB-C, as well as USB-A, enabled devices. The USB charger is also quite affordable. It offers great value for the money spent on it. The makers also offer the equipment warranty. This makes the USB charger all the more attractive to the consumers. The best part about it is its sleek design. The makers have paid due attention to the same and the design matches the interior of your car.There is also a small light. This light is on when the USB charger is in use. This facility might seem very minor and could be ignored. But when you come to think of it., it is actually quite a handy thing to have, especially when you are driving.
- The USB chargercan charge 15 percent faster than standard chargers.
- It has a unique design that matches and makes the car look great.
- It is a versatile product that can be used to charge multiple devices.
- It is portable. Thanks to the compact design in which it is available.
- As per a few customers, the USB charger fails to charge a few of the devices effectively. Hence, you should be careful before you buy the same.
9. Fast USB Car Charger Adapter by Coolfor
The next product on the list is the charger adapter by the brand Coolfor. This brand is high in quality. The problem of overcharging that is quite common in some of the other chargers in the market is completely eliminated in this case. Thanks to the superior quality of aluminum used in the making of the product. The USB charger can also be effectively used to charge a couple of devices at one time. In doing this, the speed of charging is not compromised. The power of 18 watts is each in each charging port. The speed of charging is higher than normal and therefore, quick. It is compatible with more than just a single device. You can use it to charge devices that are micro-USB, Type C supported, amongst other devices. The product can effectively be used in different types of car portals as well. Due to its small size, you can easily carry it from one place to another in an effective manner. The customer service is also regarded as one of the best in the market of USB chargers. The makers have given a return policy of a year and 30 days. The plug is also tight. Hence, even when you are riding through a bumpy road, you can effectively charge your device. This makes it so handy. The LED lights help to determine when the charger is operational and when is it not.
- The USB charger can charge your devices faster than standard chargers.
- You can carry it easily from one place to another, easily.
- It is compatible with most of the devices.
- The USB charger is safe and the aluminum material prevents the problem of overcharging.
- Nothing as such
10. AT&T 4903G 3.4 Amp MFI Lightning Rapid Car Charger
Last but certainly not least, the car charger by the popular brand AT&T is on our list of the best car chargers for this year. The design is quite compact. This, in turn, means that you will be able to conveniently carry the charger from one place to another. The total output of the USB device is somewhere around 3.4 amps. You can use it to charge as many as two different devices. Hence, it is a multi-purpose charger as well. There is an LED light that can be used to check the status of the charge. Multiple devices can be charged using this car charger. iPhone, iPad, iPad mini are just to name a few. The users have usually been satisfied with the product. It has been voted as one of the most reliable car chargers as well. Thus, you can not only get it for yourself, but your loved ones will also love it.
- The USB charger is a multi-purpose charger and can be used to charge different devices.
- It can charge a couple of devices at the same time.
- LED lights make it convenient to see the extent to which the battery is charged.
- Nothing as such.
Factors To Consider When Buying USB Charger For Your Car
After having seen the benefits and the top 10 car chargers for 2020, I am sure you would be tempted to buy one for yourself. However, there are a number of brands and products that are available in the market. The choices available will make your decision really difficult. If you cannot decide, you need not worry, as you are not the only one. For this reason, we have introduced the following buying guide so that you can make the correct decision. Do keep the factors listed below in mind when you go to the market for choosing a car charger. The following are the factors:
- Total Output
An important factor to consider is the total output of the car charger. The car output is measured in what is called the amps. A perfect USB charger for your device is always the one that has a considerable amount of amps. The charger should have a good amount of output. It is only then that it shall be in a position to charge all the devices that you are looking forward to charging by using the USB charger.
- The Rate of Charging
Depending on the type of brand, there are different charging rates or the speed in which the devices are charged up. It is essentially the speed in which the battery of a particular device is charged completely. If the USB charger has a higher rate, then the time taken by your charger to charge the battery is less. A good-quality USB charger has a higher rate of charging. Most of the chargers mentioned above are in a position to charge your devices around two to three times faster than the normal chargers.
- Number of Devices to be Charged
It is important to consider the total number of devices that you need to charge. There are many options for portable chargers available. Hence, it becomes important that you choose the one that is right for you. You should also remember the total output that is capable of being produced by the USB charger. This is important because the total output should usually be at least equal to the amount needed by the total batteries to get charged. Hence, it is important to keep this factor in mind.
- Number of Ports
It is convenient to have a USB charger that has multiple ports. When such is the case, it is possible that you can charge more than one device at a single time. Multiple ports will help you to save an ample amount of time. Not only that, but it also saves quite a lot of effort too. All the brands mentioned above have multiple charging ports. This makes your life easy. You will never find yourself in a position where you have accidentally hung up a call due to the lack of sufficient charging.
- The Charging Cable
Last but not least, it is very important that you keep in mind the quality of the charging cable.A good quality car charger is the one which has temporary charging cables, and not the permanent ones. In the case of the permanent ones, you will have to spend your money on a completely new one when something happens to the USB charger. In temporary ones, however, you can simply replace the charging cable instead of the entire USB charger.
I hope that after reading the above article, you shall be in a better position to determine the USB charger that is the best for your needs. These products are very handy, and each one of us should possess at least one USB charger. They are necessary and no longer a luxury these days, given the fact that we all use smartphones and so many other devices. Hence, choosing the correct one becomes important. All the ten products mentioned above can be brought. Each has reliable features. Having said that, different people have different needs. As such, we recommend that you always do proper research and then buy the charger that is the best for you. Also, keep the factors in the buying guide in mind while making a decision.