Giving your car a neat and clean wash can help to eradicate paint issues, fades and make it look beautiful as it was in the showroom. Using the right detergent can give you a clean wash and help in removing any kind of stains, dirt, debris, or sticky objects from the surface of your car. It would be a better choice to go with quality made car wash soaps.
But, if you don’t want to use a chemical-based detergent and go for a fun experience with DIY car wash soap, then this will be a fun project to begin. Here we made a complete guidepost to learn about the homemade car wash soap along with the right method so that you don’t have to worry about anything. Let’s begin –
For General Use
Washing of car can be divided into three categories, first is washing the car’s body, second is windshield and mirrors, and the last one is insider cleaning. If you are making a car wash soap at home then you should begin with homemade car wash soap. It would be a great idea to ensure that if the car wash soap is suitable for the car you are using. With the old cars, you need slightly better car wash soap so that you don’t end up ripping off paint. The new cars come with a protective layer to prevent your car from any issue during the wash.
Before getting started, it is always better to collect all the ingredient in one place and measure them. The required ingredients for general use homemade car wash soap are as follow –
- 1 Cup broken down mild soap or you can use liquid soap.
- 1 cup mild shampoo or you can consider baby shampoo.
- 2 buckets cold water.
- 1 bucket of warm water.
After collecting these basic ingredients that you can easily find at home or a local store. Once you have everything, you can begin the process.
- Take a warm water bucket and add soap along with mild shampoo in it. Mix it properly so that there are lots of bubbles or soapy liquid.
- Once you have mixed everything, you can use a microfiber cloth or a soft cloth to dip inside the bucket.
- Apply this soapy mixture adequately and do not rub on your car because it can damage your car’s protective layer.
- After applying the soap, rinse your car with cold water. Make sure that you apply the soap gently and give it a clean bath.
- This method will work effectively for old as well as new cars. The mild shampoo used in this procedure will help reduce issues related to stripping off the protective layer of the car.
Note – Make sure that you don’t apply this mixture on the windshield as it won’t be able to provide such an effective clean on the glass surface.
For Windshield, Mirrors, and Window Shield
The easy way to make a windshield, mirror and window shield cleaner is by using the slightly acidic ingredient. Glass can’t be damaged with shampoo or soap, but they might make your mirrorless clean. If you want effective results then this new recipe is for you.
- ½ teaspoon of liquid dish detergent.
- ¼ cup of vinegar.
- 2 cups of distilled water.
- 1 large spray bottle for better results.
- Soft paper towel or microfiber cloth.
- Start by mixing cold water and vinegar in a large spray bottle. You have to add liquid dish detergent to this mixture to get the best results.
- Now use this solution and pour it on the stains of dust, water spots and other places.
- When you are spritzing the solution on glass, you must have a soft cloth in your hand to clean it properly.
- By cleaning the windows, windshield, and mirrors by using this method, you can effectively get rid of any type of stain.
- Once you are done cleaning the car’s glass surfaces, let them dry and make sure you avoid using a dryer in this process.
For Bird Poop, Sap, Tar and another sticky object cleaning
The misfortune of parking the car under a location where lots of bird usually sit can make your car get dirty within few minutes. No one likes to see such stains and they are terrible to clean also. Applying excessive pressure can make your car paint scrap. So, you can follow this remedy to make a powerful detergent to get rid of such issues.
- 2 Bucket water
- 1 cup liquid dishwashing detergent
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- Begin by pouring liquid dishwashing detergent along with baking soda in one bucket of water.
- Stir it properly with a rode or stick so that every ingredient mixes properly and create a soapy foam.
- Now put this liquid on the dirty areas and wait for few minutes to soak it dry. After a few minutes when the poop is softening and slightly moist, you can clean it.
- Pour water from the second bucket and clean it properly using a microfiber cloth. It will take a few seconds for effective cleaning.
- If the poop on your car was lying there for a long time, then it might need some rubbing or old-style methods for effective cleaning.
After following these three methods, you can effectively clean your car with homemade car wash soap. There are other ways also but you should make sure that the liquid formula must not be acidic otherwise it might damage the paint.